9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackened

Lewa is not even half the player CR7 is :lol:

Lewandowski has been a much better player than Ronaldo for the past 3-4 years. He has much more goals and his overall play is superior. Ronaldo has been a box-poacher for the last 4-5 years now. No dribbles, no long-shot goals, no free kick goals, nothing but penalties, headers and tap-ins. Sure, Lewandowskis goals tend to be inside the box but his overall play for the last four years is by far better than Ronaldos. Ronaldo as of 2004-2016 is of course something completely different but as of 2018 and forward, Lewandowski is the better player by all accounts.

Birdy

Good luck with that. They are not that stupid.

Actually, I'd rather Chelsea and PSG, or rather nobody bids on him, he stays and he bombs out next season.

WE sHouldn't fall for a sec in the game these Bavarian assholes play.

Mane is worth more than Lewa as he is 4 years younger at his peak almost.
At best, they are worth the same, which is 32m fixed +9 in add ons.

If Bayern don't accept that figure MAX for Lewa, then there are other avenues available:
UEFA and FIFA allow players who have completed 3 years under contract and are in the final 2 years of their contract to 'gain' their freedom from their club.
Certainly not a friendly way to go about,
but one that will put Kahn, Salihamidic, and the other idiots, right in the place they should be...

Zidane82

WE sHouldn't fall for a sec in the game these Bavarian assholes play.

Mane is worth more than Lewa as he is 4 years younger at his peak almost.
At best, they are worth the same, which is 32m fixed +9 in add ons.

If Bayern don't accept that figure MAX for Lewa, then there are other avenues available:
UEFA and FIFA allow players who have completed 3 years under contract and are in the final 2 years of their contract to 'gain' their freedom from their club.
Certainly not a friendly way to go about,
but one that will put Kahn, Salihamidic, and the other idiots, right in the place they should be...

Ask most Liverpool fans and they will say that Mane peaked 18 months to 2 years ago ..

He may be rejuvenated at Bayern though
Goals scored -

18/19 ... 26
19/20 ....20
20/21 ....14
21/22 ....21

Last edited:

KingLeo10

The clowns in here unable to grasp the comparison that my response was in the context of that 33 year old CR7 v 34 year old Lewa comparison.

Yannik

I have never heard about this. Where is this written? When has this rule been applied? I can't find anything on google.

Temptation

Interesting

I had forgotten that Juventus paid 100 million for a 33 years old Cronaldo.. yet some in here are bitching at us spending 40 million on a proven and prolific 34 year old goal machine

CR7 is the marketable athlete on the planet so he should cost more.

But tbf some of the clowns here don't apply the same token and realise that Lewandowski is way more high profile than Mane. And a much better player obviously.

Birdy

I have never heard about this. Where is this written? When has this rule been applied? I can't find anything on google.

"Lewandowski could use FIFA Article 17 to secure Bayern exit

Robert Lewandowski may use legal means to force through his exit from Bayern Munich this summer.
According to ?Bayern Insider? Christian Falk, the 33-year-old could invoke Article 17 of FIFA?s Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players.
This states that any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out three years after the deal was signed.
If he is 28 or older, the time limit is shortened to two years
. Lewandowski?s agent Pini Zahavi is aware of the loophole.

A precedent for this type of move was set in 2006 when Andy Webster attempted to force through a move from Hearts to Wigan Athletic.
In Lewandowski?s case, he would be required to compensate Bayern with the salary for the final year of his contract ? an estimated ?24 million.
This is less than the reported ?32m transfer fee Barcelona are willing to pay Bayern to secure Lewandowski?s services.
While Article 17 gives the Polish striker a route out of Bayern, he would probably prefer not to take such drastic action."

https://footballtoday.com/2022/06/03/lewandowski-could-use-fifa-article-17-to-secure-bayern-exit/

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No player uses that for a reason because no buying club ever want a player to use it. It's like an unwritten rule not to as it just opens up a whole can of worms and legal battles.

Besides the time to use it have expired now.

Birdy

Besides the time to use it have expired now.

Explain this part...

As for the rest, there is a first time for everything.

Bayern are ridiculous in the game they are playing...
They are playing smart-ass, and disrespecting Lewa after so many years of service.
Liverpool respected Mane and his wish to leave, could have played the same game and ask 70m for him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Explain this part...

As for the rest, there is a first time for everything.

Bayern are ridiculous in the game they are playing...
They are playing smart-ass, and disrespecting Lewa after so many years of service.
Liverpool respected Mane and his wish to leave, could have played the same game and ask 70m for him.

Must be done within 15 days of the season ending as in the last official match of the season.

Birdy

Must be done within 15 days of the season ending as in the last official match of the season.

The article states (you are probably referring to this):
"Unilateral breach without just cause or sporting just cause after the Protected Period will not result in sporting sanctions.
Disciplinary measures may, however, be imposed outside of the Protected Period for failure to give due notice of termination (i.e. within fifteen days following the last match of the Season)"
https://web.archive.org/web/2007092...tion/administration/status_transfer_en_25.pdf

Sporting sanctions are what players fear which prevent them to play with their new club, rather than disciplinary measures, which I am not sure to what they amount.

Apart from Webster who was the 1st, many known players have used this clause, most notable Mexes, Matuzalem, and Ariel Ortega

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans