9 - Robert Lewandowski

Djab

Well, right this moment at the very top-level... yeah. But let's be honest. This current Bayern team would make almost any league look shite as far as competition at the top-level goes. This current outfit is not the rule, but rather an exception in Bayern history.

This team is really good but can not make all of the other leagues look shit.
I'm not saying there are better teams than Munich , but if Bayern were in the Liga,
There would be a very really close competition with Madrid( obviously Atletico ),
Barcelona and Bayern. And Bayern maybe finishing 2nd, or sitting atop.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They wouldn't storm the premiership and them winning isn't guaranteed. In the Bundesliga they walk it. and will do for the next 5 years.

Hm, I dunno... they embarrassed the best British team in Manchester and at home they humiliated them again for the first 20 minutes, before going back to being ultra-complacent (and also a bit unlucky if you think about that ridiculous penalty call and Boateng's whatever you want to call it - because "error" doesn't do the act justice).

H

Haruko The Goon

Hm, I dunno... they embarrassed the best British team in Manchester and at home they humiliated them again for the first 20 minutes, before going back to being ultra-complacent (and also a bit unlucky if you think about that ridiculous penalty call and Boateng's whatever you want to call it - because "error" doesn't do the act justice).

If it was a knock out stage, Bayern would have gone through 5-4.
It was very close, and yeah City had some luck. But luck is part of the game sometimes. Bayern are a unit. A powerhouse of a team. One of the most well rounded teams in history. I don't think they'd storm the premiership though.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

If it was a knock out stage, Bayern would have gone through 5-4.
It was very close, and yeah City had some luck. But luck is part of the game sometimes. Bayern are a unit. A powerhouse of a team. One of the most well rounded teams in history. I don't think they'd storm the premiership though.

Well, very speculative in nature anyway this whole thing ;)
Attempt to get back 2 topic:
I found it interesting to see Rummenigge proclaim that they wanted to renew Mandzukic's contract. I thought he was leaving for sure. Of course he has different tools than Lewandowski (even better pressing and exceptional headers), but I believe it will cause more trouble than it's worth, juding on the basis of how he reacted in the beginning of this season, when he was benched a couple of times or substituted early. I'm not inclined to see FC Hollywood 2.0, truth be told.

H

Haruko The Goon

They need a good back up to Lewan next year, and Mandzukic is a v.good back up.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

They need a good back up to Lewan next year, and Mandzukic is a v.good back up.

Yes, but how inclined is Pep to really play with a Center Striker? He's been doing the Götze/Müller false 9 more than just occasionally lately.

H

Haruko The Goon

Meh, Lewan will be the CF, and the other players will fit in.

Ghosting

Yes because England doesn't have a team that's stands out - put any of Barca, Real or Bayern in there and you'll have the same lack of competition.

Also it is particularly competitive this year, last year United walked it, the year before that is was close between the Manchester teams, but then the rest were far off.

Everyone always claims competitiveness of the EPL but is usually United up their with one possibly at best two other teams. And when you go back to when English teams were dominant in the Champions League the big 4, United Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool were well ahead of everyone else in the league, but Arsenal and Liverpool were well off the pace usually as well.

oggydude

Yes because England doesn't have a team that's stands out - put any of Barca, Real or Bayern in there and you'll have the same lack of competition.

I dunno I think Barca would definitely struggle in PL due to the defence and Arsenal and City have faired much better than Bayern than any other leagues. If you seriously believe Barca would wipe the floor of competition in PL you seriously underestimate the quality in the PL.

The Observer

Barca would wipe the floor with anyone in the PL except Chelsea as they are our boogey team. We'll start next month with Manchester City #comeatme

Cule4life

The Culest
Arsenal and City have faired much better than Bayern than any other leagues

1403.gif

Home of Barca Fans