9 - Robert Lewandowski

H

Haruko The Goon

shit bayern! Buy all the good players from BVB and from all BL-teams .. :angry:

Utter Wank league. No competition.

1 Elite club who can cherry pick from any other club in the league.

No wonder they're such a powerhouse.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Utter Wank league. No competition.

1 Elite club who can cherry pick from any other club in the league.

No wonder they're such a powerhouse.

Ok, such a wank league that it is still the only league this season, which managed to send all four competitors to the CL round of last 16 and also gave us an all-German CL final last season.
Man, what a shitty league. Compare that to the might that is the EPL over those two seasons.

H

Haruko The Goon

Ok, such a wank league that it is still the only league this season, which managed to send all four competitors to the CL round of last 16 a.

Wrong. England did too. yeah they had an all german final. A one off good season. the following seasons won't be the same, and it's mainly due to Bayern.

Picking up all Dortmunds players, and will render them useless soon enough.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Wrong. England did too. yeah they had an all german final. A one off good season. the following seasons won't be the same, and it's mainly due to Bayern.

Picking up all Dortmunds players, and will render them useless soon enough.

Ah, yeah... forgot about Chelsea.
Lewandowski would have left Dortmund anyways. If not for Bayern, then for Real. This way at least he stays in the Bundesliga.

H

Haruko The Goon

And he makes the one powerhouse, even more powerful?
I hate that sh*t, and it's probably the sole reason I refuse to watch it. I like competition.
sure, every so often a club will break the trend of Bayerns dominance, but you just know Bayern will be back and that club will fizzle out.
See Dortmund in the mid 90's. and Dortmund in the 70's, Mönchengladbach in the 70's, Hamburger SV in the early 80's.
All have had their 5 minutes of glory, only to be crushed, once again, by the mighty Bayern.
How boring, predictable, and pathetic. It seems to be very fashionable to support Dortmund at the minute. Looks like Atletico are everyones second favourite team at the moment, like last season Dortmund was everyones second team.
Meh.
zZzZzZ Not for me I'm afraid.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I hate that sh*t, and it's probably the sole reason I refuse to watch it. I like competition.
sure, every so often a club will break the trend of Bayerns dominance, but you just know Bayern will be back and that club will fizzle out.
See Dortmund in the mid 90's. and Dortmund in the 70's, Mönchengladbach in the 70's, Hamburger SV in the early 80's.
All have had their 5 minutes of glory, only to be crushed, once again, by the mighty Bayern.
How boring, predictable, and pathetic. It seems to be very fashionable to support Dortmund at the minute. Looks like Atletico are everyones second favourite team at the moment, like last season Dortmund was everyones second team.
Meh.

Well, the difference is, Bayern's main interest is the CL. At this point they see domestic competition as everday stuff, while the CL is what truly motivates them. This is the stage to shine. If Lewandowski would have gone to Real, Bayern would had allowed a domestic competitor to strengthen one of their main CL rivals. Hoeneß called Real's attempt of snatching Lewandowski despite his agreement with Bayern "a declaration of war".
Bayern needed to act. Not only would they not have strengthen themselves in context of the international top-level competition, but at the same time actually weakened themselves due to a major rival/competitor becoming stronger instead.
So Bayern definitely needed to act in matters of Lewandowski.

H

Haruko The Goon

Of course, I know all that. More power to Bayern. Not berating Bayern one bit. If I could do what they do, I would. Anything that can be done to strenghten your position; You do it.
Just the league is shite as far as competition goes.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Just the league is shite as far as competition goes.

Well, right this moment at the very top-level... yeah. But let's be honest. This current Bayern team would make almost any league look shite as far as competition at the top-level goes. This current outfit is not the rule, but rather an exception in Bayern history.

AfricanBavarian

Meh.

If you love competition then European football isnt for you my friend :p

H

Haruko The Goon

Well, right this moment at the very top-level... yeah. But let's be honest. This current Bayern team would make almost any league look shite as far as competition at the top-level goes. This current outfit is not the rule, but rather an exception in Bayern history.

They wouldn't storm the premiership and them winning isn't guaranteed. In the Bundesliga they walk it. and will do for the next 5 years.

AfricanBavarian

Of Course it is. England is competitive.

I guess our definition of competition differs, when ppl say competion i refer to true parity where "all" teams have a chance for top honours which is never true in European football. Its probably cause i live in the United States where competition means every team is able to compete :D

Home of Barca Fans