9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Finally a world class striker, it's been a while since we had one. So he costs a lot, so what, if we win at least La Liga it'll be all worth it, also don't forget that we saved some money with Kessie and Christiensen.

yeah last one was Suarezzzz, would be even nicer if Lewa would be 2-3 years younger

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Can't understand how people can be happy with this deal. 50mil for a 34 year old on huge wages, with our current financial problems, he will be a Coutinho level flop, if he doesn't continue his BuLi form. Cristiano at his age went to a weaker league and people consider his time there not good enough. And CR7 is a much bigger freak of nature than Lewa will ever be, while also a much better player in every aspect. Add also the fact that Lewa will leave the comfort of a one team league.

For the money paid, he must have one BdOr level campaign, and one good one to call him a success. Two leagues and a copa or two in the next 2 years is a minimum now for the club after spending so much money on short term players.

If he flops, we will be in an even worse situation in two years time, and Laporta will do the impossible and become worse than Barto even.

Ronaldo was bought to win the cl, Lewandowski would be already success if Barca wins la liga next two seasons which is more than possible with the power of Lewa :p He is expensive though.

serghei

Have you guys looked at his body? :lol:

There are zero reasons why Modric would still make a difference in CL at 37, and Lewandowski won't do it as well for 3-4 years.

Look at the no9 market. It is the best deal we could make considering the current market.

I bet if someone wants Benzema for 45m, Madrid will never ever sell. And he's older than Lewandowski and not as ripped.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Have you guys looked at his body? :lol:

There are zero reasons why Modric would still make a difference in CL at 37, and Lewandowski won't do it as well for 3-4 years.

Look at the no9 market. It is the best deal we could make considering the current market.

I bet if someone wants Benzema for 45m, Madrid will never ever sell. And he's older than Lewandowski and not as ripped.

If he stays injury free he could play top the next years but hopefully he won't turn to Cavani.

serghei

If he stays injury free he could play top the next years but hopefully he won't turn to Cavani.

He will rip it in La Liga at 36.

I see no reason at all for why we wouldn't expect Cristiano Ronaldo-level longevity here. Seems like a consummate professional that takes fitness as seriously as possible.

fergus90

Footballers are in much better shape now. Buying a 34 year old who stays in top shape is like buying a 31 year old ten years ago.

For a club that has had Ronaldo, Kluivert, Eto?o, Ibrahimovic and Suarez wearing the #9 it?s fitting that a world class Lewandowski now owns it.

There are many top players well in their 30s now. Half of this forum were blowing smoke up Benzemas arse all year and he had his best season at 34.

serghei

Footballers are in much better shape now. Buying a 34 year old who stays in top shape is like buying a 31 year old ten years ago.

For a club that has had Ronaldo, Kluivert, Eto?o, Ibrahimovic and Suarez wearing the #9 it?s fitting that a world class Lewandowski now owns it.

There are many top players well in their 30s now. Half of this forum were blowing smoke up Benzemas arse all year and he had his best season at 34.

Not to mention what this summer does to our image. Players are desperately trying to come. They are sniffing that Barca are on the up. De Jong doesn't wanna go, Raphinha snubs top EPL teams for Barca, and Lewa leaves Bayern... Kounde is possibly next.

The board is trying to aggressively get us back fast. It's risky, but hopefully, it works. If it works, it's much better than waiting 3-4 years in a top 4 fighting mediocrity.

Tbh Laporta said that at Barca you don't have time to go through the motions. You have to win. He's matching that with actions this summer.

Most importantly I can see a plan with these signings. They seem to be made from a tactical perspective. Lewandowski and Aubameyang are excellent pure 9s that can dominate the box. Especially Lewandowski. A fox in the box like the best strikers out there still.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I see no reason at all for why we wouldn't expect Cristiano Ronaldo-level longevity here.

I wouldn't want post-Madrid Ronaldo in my team. His longetivity is blown out of proportion. Ah, and he's also ripped as fuck even now :p Means shit.

Have more hope with Lewa for his position alone though. And he's not like Suarez, where it was always pretty clear he wouldn't age well.

serghei

I wouldn't want post-Madrid Ronaldo in my team. His longetivity is blown out of proportion. Ah, and he's also ripped as fuck even now :p Means shit.

Have more hope with Lewa for his position alone though. And he's not like Suarez, where it was always pretty clear he wouldn't age well.

I would. The only ones that are better at 9 are Kane, Benzema, maybe Haaland, and that's about it. And nobody except Pep and Klopp can do without a clear 9. Even Pep loses in CL because he lacks a real striker.

Ronaldo fucked up by choosing a declining Juventus. I bet he regrets it badly now.

mc_lovin

I would. The only ones that are better at 9 are Kane, Benzema, maybe Haaland, and that's about it. And nobody except Pep and Klopp can do without a clear 9. Even Pep loses in CL because he lacks a real striker.

Ronaldo fucked up by choosing a declining Juventus. I bet he regrets it badly now.

He's shit as a central striker and literally sank two teams, who had much better seasons without him the year before.

fergus90

Ronaldo scored 101 goals in 134 games at Juve. Yes he didn?t win the CL for them but they also haven?t won the CL in 65 other seasons.

That goal return most forwards could only dream of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans