9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

impeh

Hi, its me..
hes a beast, but 4 years is a fat contract for a 34 year old. Theres a reason why bayern didnt want to renew him for that long.

no clue how we are supposed to register these signings either. I read on twitter (so, possibly incorrect) we cant even register dembele/Raphinha or roberto without frenkie leaving.

serghei

You expect near the end to have a dropout a bit. It's normal. Nobody expects 4th year to be as good as the first 2, but the guy will still score plenty in Spain.

jamrock

The transfer fee is a bit much, 45m for a 34 year old, very difficult to give that a positive spin, but in today's world a top athlete at 34, is around 30-32 7+ years ago depending on the player.

He's a stop gap & a excellent one at that, in 3 years we'll be pack sporting wise and sign one of the next big striking sensations out there.

serghei

45m is not that much. We paid 32 for Trincao ffs. :lol: And he brought basically zero impact. Maybe 10 years ago it was a sum to be surprised about, but now... meh not that much.

jamrock

45m is not that much. We paid 32 for Trincao ffs. :lol: And he brought basically zero impact. Maybe 10 years ago it was a sum to be surprised about, but now... meh not that much.

It's not OD but it's a bit much for a 34yo but I'm not fussed about it.

He's physical age Is probably 32, he's give us 3 good yeRs & have us competing again.

serghei

But he's not a 34-year-old, the same way Nadal is not some 35-year-old. He's 34-year-old Lewandowski who should have won the Ballon d'Or last year.

Porque

It's not absurd in this years market. Koulibaly went with a year on his contract for 34m pounds.

But it may be absurd for us, considering the precarious financial situation we are in.

JerseyAddict

hes a beast, but 4 years is a fat contract for a 34 year old. Theres a reason why bayern didnt want to renew him for that long.

no clue how we are supposed to register these signings either. I read on twitter (so, possibly incorrect) we cant even register dembele/Raphinha or roberto without frenkie leaving.

Agreed.
I like and rate RL9 scoring abilities but man, 4 years???

Plus, how on Earth will Barca pay and register and fund all of this transfers with 1.3b debt?

EDIT: these 4y are only OK if it a way to stretch the costs and somehow manage to fit in debts...

jamrock

We can pay for that, that's not a issue, biggiest issue will be registration, it's gonna get complicated even with the 2nd half of the TV deal.

But that will get done as well, selling de jong will help us to register at least 2 players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
45m is not that much. We paid 32 for Trincao ffs. :lol: And he brought basically zero impact.

While people will say Lewandowski is still one of the best strikers, blah blah blah, I will say he is coming with a lot of question marks, being much older, with very little resale value and on high wages, whereas Trincao (when bought) was bought for what people saw in his potential and was bought for his future and will still have a decent resale value etc. for us to recoup some money. Of course Trincao was overpaid as well, in hindsight.

Also with this deal we are aiding a direct rival (even we are not as good as Bayern currently but we will still play in the CL so I will say so), enabling them to use our money to strengthen themselves. That pains me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans