9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Romero saying Barca can get out of his contract after the second year by paying a financial compensation but if he stays his salary will be reduced considerably in the third season as well as a fourth season if Barca trigger that one year option.

Temptation

People crying about the transfer fee ain't got a clue about how the market works.

Bruh! In the current market when a midfielder has one good season in the Uber Eats league the player costs a whooping 60 mil.

Here you are buying the biggest goal guarantee on the planet. Why on Earth would Bayern sell their best player and most marketable asset for lesser amount?

Even 30 goals in a season in today's market costs much more than 50 mil. How many players in the world can even hit 20 in all comps in a top 5 league?

Most young players signed for big money totally flop anyways.

Football fans are so binary and cliched with player ages these days. Pretending to know stuff about squad planning. :lol:

As if short term signings aren't important.

soul24rage

FXy3n_WVQAMbFY0

We cookin this season

LFCB

I agree with Temptation for once.
He's the best striker in the world! We need this kind of presence again, somebody who will push others to succeed and not just cry when the going gets tough.

BBZ8800

The issue with that one in particular is that he was banned for like half the season :lol:

Context matters.

Try to twist this:
Suarez Liverpool final season: 33 matches, 31 league goals
Suarez, first season at Barca: 27 matches, 16 goals

The point of my post is that almost every striker struggles in his first Barca's season.

With Suarez, you could even argue that he had more Barca/Spain connections and experience due to playing South American NT matches, playing at Uruguayan league, playing for Groningen and especially Ajax, who play closer to Barca due to the similarities of Ajax and Barca.

So, my point is that more or less no one managed to keep high goalscoring numbers in the first Barca's season.

So: I am expecting from Lewa to do the same = to drop his numbers of goals a lot in his first season.
By the time of his 2nd season, he'll be 35 even if he adapts and won't suffer any injuries.

People here talk as if Lewa is some sort of ironman who will play as good as now for years.
The first thought which comes on my mind are Batistuta at Inter, Scheva at Chelsea, Torres, even Larsson at Barca and Man Utd, Ruud VN at Hamburg.

I mean, not too long ago people wrote here how Messi will be able to play as a midfielder till the age of 40 due to his creative skills.
This faith in Lewa is not much better than those posts.

Regarding Lewa, except for poaching, all areas of his play will be affected with age.
Dribbles due to pace and stamina.
Aerial duels and jumping due to age.
Pace, stamina.
Strikers also lose the power of shots over time since a lot of it also comes from strength and raw energy/power.
I remember how Batistuta went from shooting bombs from his feet at Fiorentina and early Roma years to shooting like a granny (Busquets type of shots) in late Roma and Inter days.
The guy with the strongest shot on the planet turned into a guy whom it was embarassing to watch in his late years.

But hey, let's see how Lewa will break all the stats, history, patterns and the laws of nature.

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited:

Temptation

Try to twist this:
Suarez Liverpool final season: 33 matches, 31 league goals
Suarez, first season at Barca: 27 matches, 16 goals

The point of my post is that almost every striker struggles in his first Barca's season.

With Suarez, you could even argue that he had more Barca/Spain connections and experience due to playing South American NT matches, playing at Uruguayan league, playing for Groningen and especially Ajax, who play closer to Barca due to the similarities of Ajax and Barca.

So, my point is that more or less no one managed to keep high goalscoring numbers in the first Barca's season.

So: I am expecting from Lewa to do the same = to drop his numbers of goals a lot in his first season.
By the time of his 2nd season, he'll be 35 even if he adapts and won't suffer any injuries.

People here talk as if Lewa is some sort of ironman who will play as good as now for years.
The first thought which comes on my mind are Batistuta at Inter, Scheva at Chelsea, Torres, even Larsson at Barca and Man Utd, Ruud VN at Hamburg.

I mean, not too long ago people wrote here how Messi will be able to play as a midfielder till the age of 40 due to his creative skills.
This faith in Lewa is not much better than those posts.

Regarding Lewa, except for poaching, all areas of his play will be affected with age.
Dribbles due to pace and stamina.
Aerial duels and jumping due to age.
Pace, stamina.
Strikers also lose the power of shots over time since a lot of it also comes from strength and raw energy/power.
I remember how Batistuta went from shooting bombs from his feet at Fiorentina and early Roma years to shooting like a granny (Busquets type of shots) in late Roma and Inter days.
The guy with the strongest shot on the planet turned into a guy whom it was embarassing to watch in his late years.

But hey, let's see how Lewa will break all the stats, history, patterns and the laws of nature.

What could possibly go wrong?

All inferior strikers to Lewy :boss:

Like Pep says: Lewandowski is the kind if striker who can easily adapt to any system.

Example??

High Pressing Hyper attacking system: Flick's Bayern.

Possession: Pep's Bayern

Counter Attacking: Klopp's Dortmund/National team.

Long ball/Hoof ball: National Team. Big Sam(Allardyce) tried to sign him long back based on how strong he was aerially.

FFS, even when there was no style and it was just vibes under Kovac, RL9 was singlehandedly carrying Bayern with ease.

KingLeo10

FXy3n_WVQAMbFY0

This is easily the most stacked attacking lineup in the world :lol:

8 months ago, we were struggling to score a single goal a game with B team kids and the likes of Memphis and Luuk (great as a sub, terrible starter)

jairzinho

Do Barca have a better squad on paper than Real now?? Or same level?

Real has a better GK and defenders. We might actually be better in attack. Not sure about midfield. Could go either way. First time in years i feel like we're not inferior to them at all at least on paper.

KingLeo10

Ferran/Fati - Lewa (Auba) - Raphinha (Dembele)

Gavi - Pedri - Busquets (FFS, would have preferred FDJ but finances...)

Alba - Christensen - Araujo - Azpilicueta/Dest

MATS (FFS)

Looks like a top 5 starting XI to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans