9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Will be rooting for Lewa to upstage Big Benz.

And if he wins us a league in the next 2 years, legend in the sense that RVP is for United

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Modric was considered as the worst signing of a season in his first RM season.
He also needed time to adapt to a new country.

Let's check some other forwards at Barca and their impact in the first season.

Ronaldinho 2003
Psg 8 goals
Barca 15 La Liga goals

Larsson
Celtic 30 league goals
Barca 3 league goals, injured for half a season
3 La liga goals

Henry
Arsenal, 17 matches 10 goals
Barca, 30 matches 12 league goals

Zlatan
Inter 25 league goals
16 La liga goals, sold right away

Alexis
Udinese 12 goals
Barca 12 league goals

Neymar
Santos 14 goals
Barca 9 league goals

Suarez
Liverpool 31 goals
Barca 16 goals, his worst season out of his first 4 seasons here

Dembele
Borussia 6 goals
Barca 3 goals

Malcom
Bordeaux 12 goals
Barca 1 goal

Coutinho
Last 18 months Liverpool 20 goals
Barca 13 goals

Aubameyang
Arsenal 4 goals
Barca 11 goals

So, stats say that majority of players had way worse numbers at Barca than in their previous club in another country.
Only Ronaldinho, Alexis and Auba matched numbers.

Even Neymar and Suarez struggled in the first season.

Imo, Lewa might be the closer comparison wise to Messi at Barca and Cr7 at Rm.
They played there for 10+ years, the whole team was built around them.
When they moved to new country & new team Psg and Juve, they sucked.

More or less everyone struggles at Barca at first.
If Lewa will adjust to a team after 1 season, he will be 35 then.

even Ronaldo scored a lot less than usual in his first Real season :pique:

but it's easier as a striker than an another role on the pitch and Lewa doesnt need to play on Bayern level, even if he is 30% worse he would be still by far the most dangerous player on the pitch :p

ebc_99

Useful?? He has been the best striker in the world over the past decade, he is the 3rd all-time top goal scorer in the Champions League with a better goal per game ratio than either Messi or Ronaldo. He has hit 40+ goals in each of the last 7 seasons and averaged 51 a season in the previous 3. This board is unbelievable, no matter who we sign there are people who will always be negative, we have just signed a phenomenal player and we should be ecstatic, I know I am.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Szarez scored 25goals and like 30 assists with tripleta in first season, scoring important goals against Atletico, Real M,and Juve in CL final.

Also 2 assists vs Bayern in semi final.

But if you ask BBZ he was bad.

Suarez in 14/15 was absolute terrific, not only his stats also his overall play was incredible :worthy:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Useful?? He has been the best striker in the world over the past decade, he is the 3rd all-time top goal scorer in the Champions League with a better goal per game ratio than either Messi or Ronaldo. He has hit 40+ goals in each of the last 7 seasons and averaged 51 a season in the previous 3. This board is unbelievable, no matter who we sign there are people who will always be negative, we have just signed a phenomenal player and we should be ecstatic, I know I am.

the flop trio has gave us a pessimistic mentality, we are Albas :pique:

vegitot

Benzema last season is better than anything Lewa ever done in his entirely career.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If he was 26, 28 or even 30, I would be extremely ecstatic.

History/past record is not indicative of what will happen in the future. He is a great player no doubt but his age is there, plus factors like new country, new league and new systems etc. so there will be legit questions and concerns. Now he will be a Barca player, I certainly hope for the best.

Devils

If he was 26, 28 or even 30, I would be extremely ecstatic.

History/past record is not indicative of what will happen in the future. He is a great player no doubt but his age is there, plus factors like new country, new league and new systems etc. so there will be legit questions and concerns. Now he will be a Barca player, I certainly hope for the best.

If he were of that age range he'd be 100-150m in this market and an impossible transfer for Barca to make.

KingLeo10

Also exciting to have a physical specimen once again at Barcelona (we had a lot of them in the Pep and early Lucho era). This club and it's antiquated physical training methods (for 2022) need a serious look in the mirror.

Lewa is the kind of obsessed guy who will cause a fuss about what he sees.

Morten

I have a hard time believing Lewandowski doing worse than Auba, who has performed well, so he will probably slay average la liga sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans