9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

it's not like we're signing him in his peak,they got his best years and are now cashing in 45m for a player that is reaching the end of the road soon

also i find it ironic that majority found suarez too old or washed up to rely on in his last year with us and now are seemingly fine with having 33yo as a first option for next 3 seasons

Suarez was visibly declining, wasn't he?

Totally different scenarios. Only similar thing is the age.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

it's not like we're signing him in his peak,they got his best years and are now cashing in 45m for a player that is reaching the end of the road soon

also i find it ironic that majority found suarez too old or washed up to rely on in his last year with us and now are seemingly fine with having 33yo as a first option for next 3 seasons

Suarez has been good but lewa is way better based on last two seasons, let's see

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Suarez was finished physically. He could barely run. Simeone managed to squeeze a little bit out of him when they won the title, but it was in a different system more suited at hiding Suarez' weaknesses then and Suarez also played with a point to prove so managed to get a last hurrah.

Lewandowski will probably slow down eventually, but he's at a completely different stage physically than Suarez was. Furthermore he's probably motivated by proving he's better than Benzema and is the #1 striker in the world and also looking for that BdO trophy.

DonAK

I think Lewandowski can give us two great years. Anything after that remains to be seen, but Alemany and co. now have 2-3 years to find our next striker whether that will end up being Endrick the Brazilian wonderkid or someone else.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think Lewandowski can give us two great years. Anything after that remains to be seen, but Alemany and co. now have 2-3 years to find our next striker whether that will end up being Endrick the Brazilian wonderkid or someone else.

2 years would be great, if he scores 20 goals in ll it should be enough to win the la liga titles and he would have given barca more than the flop trio

khaled_a_d

We signed Kessie, Christensen & Raphinha who are all about 26 years of age, along a teenage prospect who is 19 in Pablo Torre
We are after 24 years old Kounde.
Overall I would say the team has gone younger, we can afford getting an older stop gap like Lewandowski. He serves many purposes, gives us a poster boy and goal scoring threat and add strong mentality to our leadership.

Temptation

Says the mongrel who likes to take shots at me when it's nothing concerning him

Like with Klopp yesterday :lol:

You shoot yourself in the foot. :lol:

Didn't you just try that with Topt like Fati pointed out? :lol:

I'm just great at giving people like you a taste of their own medicine. Your insecurity couldn't be more obvious. :lol:

KingLeo10

You shoot yourself in foot. :lol:

Didn't you just do it with Topt like Fati pointed out? :lol:

I'm just great at giving people like you a taste of their medicine. Your insecurity couldn't be more obvious. :lol:

Fati is a low rate troll who shadows each of my posts here. Tens of inane posts responding to mine that I don't bother responding to. If that's your barometer, then I should downgrade you further :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

You shoot yourself in the foot. :lol:

Didn't you just try that with Topt like Fati pointed out? :lol:

I'm just great at giving people like you a taste of their own medicine. Your insecurity couldn't be more obvious. :lol:

Give him time he will learn it one day, he improved compared to 2-3 years ago but still need time and my advices to understand his mistakes :p

Temptation

Fati is a low rate troll who shadows each of my posts here. Tens of inane posts responding to mine that I don't bother responding to. If that's your barometer, then I should downgrade you further :lol:

Trying to deflect by dissing Fati??

Fati can be the biggest troll in the world and yet his point stands here.

You just tried it on Topt because you know him being an emotional Bayern fan is an easy target on the forum. :lol:

Cowardly attempt at deflecting yet again. Not that bright for a "scientist", huh?? :lol:

fergus90

Thing is they are worlds apart physically. Whilst it?s true he?s at an age where he could drop off a cliff at any point, given the clubs wage structure, it?s going to be nigh on impossible to get a 30 league goal striker out there.

There just aren?t many, but currently Barca now has one of the only ones available. Yes in an ideal world we?d have got an Erling Haaland for now and the future but the option just wasn?t there.

DonAK

Thing is they are worlds apart physically. Whilst it?s true he?s at an age where he could drop off a cliff at any point, given the clubs wage structure, it?s going to be nigh on impossible to get a 30 league goal striker out there.

There just aren?t many, but currently Barca now has one of the only ones available. Yes in an ideal world we?d have got an Erling Haaland for now and the future but the option just wasn?t there.

Don't worry, we'll sign Haaland in three years time when he's tired of Pep's experiments in crucial CL games :coffee:

Not to forget he loves Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans