9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

I don't doubt Lewa will cost less than Haaland now. But don't forget Haaland's resale value.

Lewa will leave us for free, City will most likely sell Haaland for around 150m or whatever his clause is in a couple of years.

Different discussion.

Birdy

Total number is hardly interesting. The yearly cost with Birdy's numbers is roughly the same, which is a better case for Haaland as he's younger and more dependable for the next 3 years.

Anyway, we couldn't choose between the two. When the Haaland deal got hot (with Dortmund pressing for a decision) we were in shambles with a lot of uncertainty. If the deal was decided this week we may have had a chance (well, excluding Real).

He chose City, that's clear.
But the yearly cost on the books is substantially less for Lewa, and even more after his 3rd year.

KingLeo10

This fuckwit pulls out examples of players like Jovic and Alcacer and wants to be taken seriously. :lol:

What is the international and European scoring records of these bright examples you picked using all of your brain??

This is Robert fuckin Lewandowski you dumbfuck. Acting all smart doesn't suit you. Stick to digging up old posts. Pleb. :lol:

:lol: :lol: Shouting like a Merseyside drunkard and not providing ANY examples. Looks like I put you back to factory default settings :lol:

I didn't say my examples were perfect, but the volume of examples you can't deny. Meanwhile you're twerking for a 34-35 year old "RL9" to score 50 goals with 0 shred of data.

JamDav1982

Total number is hardly interesting. The yearly cost with Birdy's numbers is roughly the same, which is a better case for Haaland as he's younger and more dependable for the next 3 years.

Anyway, we couldn't choose between the two. When the Haaland deal got hot (with Dortmund pressing for a decision) we were in shambles with a lot of uncertainty. If the deal was decided this week we may have had a chance (well, excluding Real).

If Haaland wanted the move he would wait.

Was alie to claim it was about not being able to compete financially.

fergus90

One guy I can think of who had a similar scoring rate in both leagues was Roy Makaay when he was at Deportivo then moved to Bayern.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

this time Kl might be right, i doubt lewa will score more than in Bundesliga where attackers love to play,we will see.............................

What I am saying is sane. Even Messi/CR7 stopped scoring 50 goals in LL at age 31-32 and that too with strong teams (at least in CR7's case. Messi's 18/19 was an amazing one off).

Meanwhile, "RL9" is a whole level or two levels below Messi and CR7, is 34 going on 35, and in a promising but dysfunctional Barca team :lol:

topt

No wonder he and agent were so desperate to sign for Barca.....four year contract on big money when Bayern offered a one year extension and his agent pocketing 20m if press to be believed.

Huge money for a 34 year old... and some celebrating as if Alemany magic as contract decreases over time..

Will end up cosing more on the books than Haaland does for City per seasons.. this shite Barca spoke about not being able to compete financially for him completely exposed as was always going to be. Not sure there is a club that feeds such garbage to their fans more than Barca do.

God only knows what real numbers are for Haaland; when you have the whole country behind you its real easy to hide money

Temptation

:lol: :lol: Shouting like a Merseyside drunkard and not providing ANY examples. Looks like I put you back to factory default settings :lol:

I didn't say my examples were perfect, but the volume of examples you can't deny. Meanwhile you're twerking for a 34-35 year old "RL9" to score 50 goals with 0 shred of data.

Because none of the examples are close to RL9's level you moron. :lol:

Why tf should I pull out some bang average forwards example when the person we're concerned about is one of the greatest strikers to play the game?

What an Ostrich. :lol:

While Auba is not as good, he's still pretty damn good. Auba was very productive in the Bundesliga, a washed up Auba came to La Liga and scored at a very good rate. What a prime Auba could have done in La Liga is anybody's guess. Here's your lil example(which is not what I am basing my prediction on BTW). Now pipe down.

fergus90

there is a reason bayern wanted to replace Lewa with Haaland

Yeah no doubt there are a number of reasons why the would, he's a goal machine.

But my prediction is just for the next couple seasons. I'm sure Haaland will be a great asset to City in the long run.

JamDav1982

Yeah no doubt there are a number of reasons why the would, he's a goal machine.

But my prediction is just for the next couple seasons. I'm sure Haaland will be a great asset to City in the long run.

Being more important doesnt mean better signing.

If Haaland helps City win CL and couple players better than him that is huge and better than Lewa being main man in team that cant win for example.

Even if he helps keep them ahead likes of Liverpool is huge.

fergus90

Being more important doesnt mean better signing.

If Haaland helps City win CL and couple players better than him that is huge and better than Lewa being main man in team that cant win for example.

I know it doesn't and i'm not saying Haaland has to be the best player at City either to be successful.

Just my prediction that Lewandowski will be more vital to Barca than Haaland will to City over the next couple seasons.

mc_lovin

If Haaland wanted the move he would wait.

Was alie to claim it was about not being able to compete financially.

Back then we certainly couldn't. We needed until July to get our financial operations going, with the 2nd one still pending.

Dortmund was pressing for a decision and Haaland wasn't dead set on a club (unlike Raphina for example). If he decided now we could have had a chance (again, excluding his dream move Real). But whatever, I am quite pleased how everything has turned out so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans