9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Because none of the examples are close to RL9's level you moron. :lol:

Why tf should I pull out some bang average forwards example when the person we're concerned about is one of the greatest strikers to play the game?

What an Ostrich. :lol:

While Auba is not as good, he's still pretty damn good. Auba was very productive in the Bundesliga, a washed up Auba came to La Liga and scored at a very good rate. What a prime Auba could have done in La Liga is anybody's guess. Here's your lil example(which is not what I am basing my prediction on BTW). Now pipe down.

> Discussion is centered around destroying LL more than Bundesliga...and this guy gives me Auba with his 13 goals in 23 games (low sample size, high variability) in LL as an example. Granted, he is declined compared to his prime, but in his prime at Arsenal, he immediately dropped much lower compared to his Buli average. Attackers have historically scored similar in EPL and LL, with slightly higher in LL (think Aguero, Sanchez) (outside of the outliers Messi and CR7). Very plausible that prime Auba would have also declined in output in LL compared to BL.

As always, such analysis eludes you because you're a drunkard/twitter copy-pasta merchant :lol:

Even with the eye test it's not that hard. Teams play very open and fast paced in BL :lol: And in Spain, it's more tactical.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lewa will be the main goacscorer for Barca and he will probably play nearly every match, haaland on the other side won't be the man who everybody will search when they need a goal imo because City have also other good players who can score (even though not as good as Haaland) and Pep also rotate more. So it would not surprise me if Lewa scores more. If we want to compare both we also have to consider the amount of chances they needed to score and the strenght of the oppenents.

JamDav1982

Back then we certainly couldn't. We needed until July to get our financial operations going, with the 2nd one still pending.

Dortmund was pressing for a decision and Haaland wasn't dead set on a club (unlike Raphina for example). If he decided now we could have had a chance (again, excluding his dream move Real). But whatever, I am quite pleased how everything has turned out so far.

He could wait and it was always going to be case Barca would have this money after pulled levers.

Players have waited much longer in past and Barca wouldnt have had to wait long either.

Also had he said he wanted move that levers would have been snapped into action sharpish. Make believe to think he turned down Barca as couldnt compete financially.

fergus90

City scored more goals than any other team in Europe's top 5 last season (150) but there were times a lack of 9 did hinder them.

Birdy

Yeah no doubt there are a number of reasons why the would, he's a goal machine.

But my prediction is just for the next couple seasons. I'm sure Haaland will be a great asset to City in the long run.

Agree

With Lewa and the other signings we have a good chance to dominate domestically for the next 2 seasons and win titles.

JamDav1982

City scored more goals than any other team in Europe's top 5 last season (150) but there were times a lack of 9 did hinder them.

Indeed they did but the starndard of the team is not the deciding factor on who is better signing.

If that is the case then far easier for Lewa to be a good signing alongside another 200m+ worth of players in a squad that fininsghed second and didnt get past group in CL.

KingLeo10

33-34 year old CR7 (a player one level above Lewa historically and an even more elite athlete) scored less than 30 goals in his first season in an even easier league to LL (Serie A) while this absolute donkey is trying to make it such that Lewa destroying LL at 34-35 at the level of 50+ goals is not an insane/delusion "prediction"

Temptation

> Discussion is centered around destroying LL more than Bundesliga...and this guy gives me Auba with his 13 goals in 23 games (low sample size, high variability) in LL as an example. Granted, he is declined compared to his prime, but in his prime at Arsenal, he immediately dropped much lower compared to his Buli average. Attackers have historically scored similar in EPL and LL, with slightly higher in LL (think Aguero, Sanchez) (outside of the outliers Messi and CR7). Very plausible that prime Auba would have also declined in output in LL compared to BL.

As always, such analysis eludes you because you're a drunkard/twitter copy-pasta merchant :lol:

Even with the eye test it's not that hard. Teams play very open and fast paced in BL :lol: And in Spain, it's more tactical.

Generally Attackers have. Lewy isn't your ordinary attacker.

If we go by stats, most 34 year old strikers are washed up bums. Lewy isn't.

MY PERSONAL PREDICTION is that he'll break these 'rules' fans believe.

Is it that tough to understand you nonce??:lol:

Also 34 year Lewy>34 year old CR7.

mc_lovin

He could wait and it was always going to be case Barca would have this money after pulled levers.

Players have waited much longer in past and Barca wouldnt have had to wait long either.

Also had he said he wanted move that levers would have been snapped into action sharpish. Make believe to think he turned down Barca as couldnt compete financially.

Well, I am not arguing we were his dream move - so why should he wait.

And hell no, I don't think anyone could have anticipated us being financially competitive back then.

KingLeo10

Generally Attackers have. Lewy isn't your ordinary attacker.

If we go by stats, most 34 year old strikers are washed up bums. Lewy isn't.

MY PERSONAL PREDICTION is that he'll break these 'rules' fans believe.

Is it that tough to understand you nonce??:lol:

Also 34 year Lewy>34 year old CR7.

33-34 year old CR7 (a player one level above Lewa historically and an even more elite athlete) scored less than 30 goals in his first season in an even easier league to LL (Serie A) while this absolute donkey is trying to make it such that Lewa destroying LL at 34-35 at the level of 50+ goals is not an insane/delusion "prediction"

How do you refute the CR7 example?

Hence, your personal prediction is a delusion.

Glad we agree.

snowy

Not fail, but individually score less and be less important for the team in the next couple seasons whilst Lewandowski's at Barca.

Very likely as goals spring from all directions and feet in Pep's teams. Even Own Goal is a prime contender lol

but if Viking H can raid the EPL and grab the Golden Boot, it would be an amazing feat! Record goals scored so far in a debut season is held by Torres at 24, followed by RvN and Aguero at 23

it's gonna be an uphill battle for Haaland, specially looking at how the likes of Werner and Havertz struggled but this dude is a different breed.

JamDav1982

Well, I am not arguing we were his dream move - so why should he wait.

And hell no, I don't think anyone could have anticipated us being financially competitive.

Exactly... he wouldnt wait and it wasnt a hige factor at all.

It was always going to go way of levers being signed. Why do you think they were talking to Lew since Feb and in for Haaland etc.

Clear as day it would be the way went in summer.

Temptation

Also, I never said he'll get 50 plus in the league. This dumbass is reaching again. Pulling fake stuff outta his ass. Show me where I said he'll score 50 plus in the league.

jamrock

When haaland was going to city we wouldn't compete financially, we had to sell out soul to compete now it took time.

He couldn't afford him & he didn't want to come, at the time we were a mess. ( No shame in that)

Lewa will cost less because if lewa agent fees is 20m can only imagine what haaland's agent fees was, plus how Lewa wages is being constructed on paper he will surely cost less.

Both things can be true at the same time. But some people live in a black & white silly world.

Like the club said back then we could moy inter the haaland operation as we is out of our financial reach, this does not then mean if we had the money & made an offer he would have come to us, that's just...., No guarantees their as mbappe showed with Madrid.

But at the time we couldn't afford.

fergus90

Indeed they did but the starndard of the team is not the deciding factor on who is better signing.

No but I personally think Lewandowski raises the standard more for Barca than Haaland does for City. But I may well be absolutely wrong, only time will tell.

I'm excited to see Haaland in the prem though, I'm a big fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans