9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Benz has more and lower lows than Lewa but he's also hit a peak level that Lewa never has in the CL. In fact, Benz last season was the biggest carry job in CL history.

Either way, two elite players. Will be an interesting battle for LL next season. I expect us to come out on top.

RL9 had the most goals and most assists in the tournament in 2020 though. Played lesser games too.

Because Bayern were on fire it seemed easier.

But surely consistency over a number of years in the CL counts. It's not like he's been a Suarez in the CL. The man has a higher goal ratio in the CL than even Messi Ronaldo.

I'd like to add that you're calling it a carry job but it was a 3 man show rather than a 1 man show. For me, it was Benz-Court-Vini. 3 of them absolutely carried and its kinda unfair on Vini n Court to discount their contributions

KingLeo10

RL9 had the most goals and most assists in the tournament in 2020 though. Played lesser games too.

Because Bayern were on fire it seemed easier.

But surely consistency over a number of years in the CL counts. It's not like he's been a Suarez in the CL. The man has a higher goal ratio in the CL than even Messi Ronaldo.

10 CL KO goals against PSG, Chelsea, and City in 6 games trumps anything that Lewa has done in a single CL season. Sorry. That's 3 of the 4 best teams in the world last season. And he played good v Pool in the final and had a 50-50 goal, no?

You have a habit of overselling Lewa. His CL KO record is not close to CR7 or Messi so the slightly better (I believe he is just barely above Messi IIRC) goal scoring rate is good but mostly driven by group stage heroics.

He is a top 3 striker of this generation and has good chances to come out on top as the out and out best by leading a rebuilding Barca to big titles. Definitely a top 10 striker all time. But you're selling him like he is Gerd Muller or Ferenc Puskas in impact, both over a career and especially in big games.

serghei

Benzema is a bit better, but not by much. Lewa could score more though, but Benz is incredible in build-up and playmaking.

KingLeo10

Benzema has 160 or so assists for RM...the most in RM history. Probably at 200 + if you add in Lyon.

I doubt Lewa has crossed 100 assists in his club career so far.

Lewa is the better natural goalscorer but Benz's overall game is slightly superior. If we were to compare, Lewa would be a MVB-lite while Benz is a R9-lite.

Temptation

Nah, R9 is totally different. His explosive speed, strength and dribbling tendencies are very different. He lacks Benzema's aerial game.

Lewy and Benz are actually pretty close in terms of playing style.

R9 is very very different.

KingLeo10

Anyway, I'm obviously in support of our guy. Hope he absolutely kills it in LL. CL is a very tough ask because of Busquets and MATS but I will be very happy if he drops buckets of goals and we make it to SF.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Lewa made some good runs but didnt get the ball against Juventus, he won't get the service which he got at Bayern. Muller was literally always searching Lewa when he was near box. But i think as soon as Lewa scores his first goal the other goals will come, siu.

Jadentheman

Why some stupids coming from english/german Forums talking about Messi here ?

In what Galaxy is Lewa will compete with Messi ?

Give the guy a break, he is a beast number 9, and a classical one so he will try / miss / score ... That's it

It means if your team plays like shit he wont even be in the screen.

Yes because he needs service. He?s not like players such as Suarez, Eto?o and Ibra that can create things and make it happen

vuji_31

It will be same situation as Suarez...
I remember days when people were saying he will flop, because of a few games without goals.

He is killer in the box, when he gets the ball, he will score. If Auba scored 15 goals, then Lewa could score 30.

He is not that important for our build-up play, he will get crosses from both sides, I believe he will score 30goals at least this season.

jamrock

In what world is lewa above benzema? Has anyone seen benzema's career achievements.

Jesus Christ Score a bunch of goals in the CL ground stages & in Germany, trumps multiple clutch games in the CL & scoring more goals in a better league.

Yea okay.

Lewa gonna do well for us though, but better than benzema....

Home of Barca Fans