9 - Robert Lewandowski

jamrock

Overall Benzema definitely shades Saurez, peak its more interesting, but serghei said what I was about to re Saurez winning 1 CL, while playing with a all time attack.

Benzema did it playing with Vini Jr, lotta luck but also he was their leader & very impressive during that run.

Suarez peak just brings more smiles to faces.

jamrock

But we also have to give Suarez credit for leading atletico to the league title in the latter years if his career, went there to prove a point and definitely did.

I think with the longevity issue, what Benzema and lewa has on Suarez is that they were surrounded by young guns who had legs and just a better overall team, while Saurez was playing with a slowing Messi and a bunch of fools at Barcelona.

both Messi and Saurez would have benefitted from breaking up easier in their careers and playing with younger players.

So I don't think it's so much that they were better than him as they got older, just in better situations.

malvolio

Prime Suarez had aggressiveness, bullied defenders, excellent link-up play, power, even free kicks. Maybe was a bit rudimentary in the technique department, but made up for it with the determination.

Catta

Because of recency bias people pick Lewa or Benz. But at their best Suarez was on another level. In no scenario would I take any of those two over prime Suarez. Best #9 since Ronaldo.

Horatio

You're welcome
31 goals and 13 assists in 31 matches in 13/14 PL season IIRC with a very average team around him and not taking pens.

You don't recall shit. You were 10/11 at the time and barely into football. Another post copied from some reddit thread.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans