9 - Robert Lewandowski

Barcilliant

Lewy works but I prefer RL9.

He's probably one of the most underrated players ever.

You really rate this guy. If he's a flop here what do you think would be the reasons for him flopping?

My personal prediction is he will do well but not Bayern numbers. If he can score 20 goals in La Liga in his debut season I think that will be a big achievement.

Temptation

You really rate this guy. If he's a flop here what do you think would be the reasons for him flopping?

My personal prediction is he will do well but not Bayern numbers. If he can score 20 goals in La Liga in his debut season I think that will be a big achievement.

Let's see if he does well

Joan

20 goals in the league if he avoids big injuries would be below expectations. I know Lewa won't be happy with it.

Blackened

Lewy works but I prefer RL9.

He's probably one of the most underrated players ever.

In 2013 had one 10/10 game and after his move to Bayern he frequently ghosted during big games. Bayerns 2019-20 season was very much a collective effort, in spite of his goals. Neuer, Muller, Kimmich, Gnabry, Perisic and pretty much the whole squad were at their absolute best. Not to forget Hansi Flick. Nobody is saying that Lewy isnt a great goal scorer -he is! But on the other hand... So is Teemu Pukki. And He would have been a lot cheaper. Plus he has more Premier League goals than Lewy.

Temptation

In 2013 had one 10/10 game and after his move to Bayern he frequently ghosted during big games. Bayerns 2019-20 season was very much a collective effort, in spite of his goals. Neuer, Muller, Kimmich, Gnabry, Perisic and pretty much the whole squad were at their absolute best. Not to forget Hansi Flick. Nobody is saying that Lewy isnt a great goal scorer -he is! But on the other hand... So is Teemu Pukki. And He would have been a lot cheaper. Plus he has more Premier League goals than Lewy.

Exactly! I keep saying Barca should have gone for either Chris Wood or Ivan Toney. They bring everything Pukki does, plus they have the added element of great physicality. Both have way more Prem goals than Lewy and would be way cheaper.

Zidane82

He has always scored goals so why on Earth would he fail here ... with all the chances he will get ?

He scored more last season than the previous one so he is not showing any signs of decline

It is also a new beginning and he will want to make his mark

I expect great things from him

pers

less than 25 goals will be disaster. It is funny when ppl say he scores a lot because he plays in Bundesliga and it is easier there. At the same time all these ppl forget that he is top 3 CL all time scorer as well. Only Messi and Ronaldo have more goals in CL and it says a lot. Moreover he has better goal/match ratio than Messi and Ronaldo in CL.

Temptation

less than 25 goals will be disaster. It is funny when ppl say he scores a lot because he plays in Bundesliga and it is easier there. At the same time all these ppl forget that he is top 3 CL all time scorer as well. Only Messi and Ronaldo have more goals in CL and it says a lot. Moreover he has better goal/match ratio than Messi and Ronaldo in CL.

Tell me about it! People just look for excuses to bring him down. It's almost like they can't believe the fact that this guy surpassed all their favourite strikers. The excuses given for his duccess at every level is hilarious. :lol:

BBZ8800

He has always scored goals so why on Earth would he fail here ... with all the chances he will get ?

He scored more last season than the previous one so he is not showing any signs of decline

It is also a new beginning and he will want to make his mark

I expect great things from him

Messi was also always scoring.
Yet he stopped scoring at Psg.

Cr7 was also always scoring.
Yet he stopped scorinh at Man Utd.

Why?
In Messi's case: age, new country, a team not being built around him, more physical defenders.

Cr7?
A new team, age, tougher league.

In Germany, even these players managed to score a lot:
Andre Silva 28
Werner 28
Kramaric 20
Paco Alcacer 18
Sancho 17
Jovic 17
Havertz 17

And the main important thing: age.
Lewa will never be as fast as today.
In September, he will never be as fast as that again.
In October, he'll be slower, but still he will never be as fast as in October anymore.
In December, he'll be even slower. But still way better than what we'll see in April or May etc.

I don't get the belief of people who think that suddenly every player is the next Ibra or Cr7 in terms of ageing well.

Temptation

Messi was also always scoring.
Yet he stopped scoring at Psg.

Cr7 was also always scoring.
Yet he stopped scorinh at Man Utd.

Why?
In Messi's case: age, new country, a team not being built around him, more physical defenders.

Cr7?
A new team, age, tougher league.

In Germany, even these players managed to score a lot:
Andre Silva 28
Werner 28
Kramaric 20
Paco Alcacer 18
Sancho 17
Jovic 17
Havertz 17

And the main important thing: age.
Lewa will never be as fast as today.
In September, he will never be as fast as that again.
In October, he'll be slower, but still he will never be as fast as in October anymore.
In December, he'll be even slower. But still way better than what we'll see in April or May etc.

I don't get the belief of people who think that suddenly every player is the next Ibra or Cr7 in terms of ageing well.

Lewandowski has always been fitter than the injury prone Ibrahimovic. His injury record is even better than CR7.

Morten

Also, number of games is important to consider, i reckon Lewandowski have significantly less games in his legs than Messi, and obviously much fewer than Ronaldo.

Could help him keep scoring a bit longer.

Home of Barca Fans