9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Some bullshit u speak there BBZ. U just added the 1 year adaptation taxe with no logic. Lots of world class players delivered immediately and won big in the first year. Lewa is world class

Lots of 34 year olds delivered in a new country right away?

I asked already: name some.

It is not the same for a 24 and 34 years old to come to a new league/system.

Further, after the last friendly, people were talking about his creativity and passing.
Yet that Mexican club is like a bottom of 2nd division level.
Almost 40 years old Dani Alves played as a midfielder and there was tons of space and time in defence.

I was against this transfer from the day1.
But now after watching Lewandowski yesterday against the real La liga opponent, I have even less hopes that he will come anywhere close to expectations.

After 45 mins, I thought to myself: bring in Aubameyang, the team played way better with him.

It is way too soon, but an interesting question: if Lewa will play very bad, will we keep him in a lineup no matter what (like Busi and Torres last season) due to his huge price tag and name or he'll get dropped for more suitable options like Auba or Fati?

vegitot

Lots of 34 year olds delivered in a new country right away?

I asked already: name some.

It is not the same for a 24 and 34 years old to come to a new league/system.

Further, after the last friendly, people were talking about his creativity and passing.
Yet that Mexican club is like a bottom of 2nd division level.
Almost 40 years old Dani Alves played as a midfielder and there was tons of space and time in defence.

I was against this transfer from the day1.
But now after watching Lewandowski yesterday against the real La liga opponent, I have even less hopes that he will come anywhere close to expectations.

After 45 mins, I thought to myself: bring in Aubameyang, the team played way better with him.

It is way too soon, but an interesting question: if Lewa will play very bad, will we keep him in a lineup no matter what (like Busi and Torres last season) due to his huge price tag and name or he'll get dropped for more suitable options like Auba or Fati?

With better midfield setup, he will flourish. He has no help from Xavi's non existence midfield.

I think Xavi will keep play him, not drop him if he loses his form.

OVI9323

Seeing how it goes, it looks like Xavi wil "protect" him as he was "protecting" Ferran last hier. Lewa could do not score for then matches and he would still be here without any pressure from management for the 11th match, that's what i think now we'll see how it goes^^

ajnotkeith

He had several great chances in the box but either missed or was tackled by Rayo defenders. The service wasn't the problem, he must be more clinical. This is what he was signed for and additionally you can't always be served golden balls as a striker, you have to make your own opportunities too.

He won't get four or five opportunities a game like at Bayern, so he has to take the ones that come here.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

As someone already mentioned lewa isnt the guy who scores 2 goals with 3 chances, he has worldclass off-ball movement and needs more chances. That's why i doubt he will score so much more than Auba but lewa has also other qualities.

Temptation

Weirdly, RL9 is pretty damn clinical for Poland. In the recent years atleast. I can only remember him missing 1 rebound big chance vs Spain in the Euros where he headed it onto the crossbar.

vegitot

Weirdly, RL9 is pretty damn clinical for Poland. In the recent years atleast. I can only remember him missing 1 rebound big chance vs Spain in the Euros where he headed it onto the crossbar.

Miss a sitter vs Sweeden too.

He had most big chances missed in top 5 leagues last season

vegitot

He had several great chances in the box but either missed or was tackled by Rayo defenders. The service wasn't the problem, he must be more clinical. This is what he was signed for and additionally you can't always be served golden balls as a striker, you have to make your own opportunities too.

He won't get four or five opportunities a game like at Bayern, so he has to take the ones that come here.

Rayo mark him tightly. They know he only get passes from wings, not from middle.

feggydinho

He misses many for Bayern, but they create so many chances for him and understand him there. It'll take some time for the team to understand him here and I'm not sure we'll be creating as much chances for him as bayern did.

Funny. When I look at the xGs of your team yesterday there was no big chance and just 3 chances above an xG of 0,1 with 0.17, 0.13 and 0.11.

The service and the help is the problem!

His xG per shot yesterday from open play was 0.11 - the average of shots he got all the years at Bayern from open play was 0.22

It is not the opposition - if you give your opponent the time and aren't unpredictable the defenders will always look fine - but your own team, a lack of movement without the ball etc.
If Bayern - with the high possession they have - would not press as good as they do and would not make that runs Lewy would not have gotten his records in the past either.

Having only fast wingers does not help it if your centre forward fights alone in a static environment in the box against two centre defenders.

Last edited:

Catta

Why are people shocked he misses many chances. He was always like that, he is like Ronaldo in that way, scores many because he gets many chances. His best attribute is his off the ball movement.

We are not Bayern playing in the Bayernliga who get 20 big chances per game. Most of his CL goals are also in the group stages and against average teams.

Lewandowski CL goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans