9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temptation

He had several great chances in the box but either missed or was tackled by Rayo defenders. The service wasn't the problem, he must be more clinical. This is what he was signed for and additionally you can't always be served golden balls as a striker, you have to make your own opportunities too.

He won't get four or five opportunities a game like at Bayern, so he has to take the ones that come here.

Which chances are you talking about?

One ball accidentally fell to him in the penalty box which he shot with his left foot narrowly missing.

Can't remember anything else you created yesterday??

Blackened

Why are people shocked he misses many chances. He was always like that, he is like Ronaldo in that way, scores many because he gets many chances. His best attribute is his off the ball movement.

We are not Bayern playing in the Bayernliga who get 20 big chances per game. Most of his CL goals are also in the group stages and against average teams.

Lewandowski CL goals

This 100%. Also, as BBZ pointed out, different league, different team-mates, different opponents, different style. Bundesliga is filled with German, Middle -and Eastern-European players. La Liga is filled with Spaniards and South-Americans. In La Liga, the play is not only more techincal than in Bundesliga, but also more dirty and more shall we say "street-smart". Lots of diving, elbowing, shirt-ripping, pushing, pulling and all sorts of dark arts. I doubt Lewy is accustomed to these things. To my recollection, he has never really been injured. That might change soon. When Barca face Atletico, expect Simeone to order his sidekicks Koke and Gimenez to injure him.

Why are people shocked he misses many chances. He was always like that, he is like Ronaldo in that way, scores many because he gets many chances. His best attribute is his off the ball movement.

We are not Bayern playing in the Bayernliga who get 20 big chances per game. Most of his CL goals are also in the group stages and against average teams.

Lewandowski CL goals

Pretty normal that strikers etc. score much more in the group stage than in the final stages - and more against easy opposition than the bigger teams - and more at home than away.

Ask yourself why Bayern gets more good chances - they do not have less ball possession than your team has but e.g. had the most sprints of all Bundesliga teams on match day 1. They might not have better passers - but for sure have a lot more movement and are a lot less static.

If Bayern would play as static as you did yesterday no team in the Bundesliga would have had any problems to defend you yesterday.

pers

People are arguing against nature.

He is 34 and this is his Barca's peak.
Imagine him in 6, 12, 18, 24 Months.

He'll run like Busquets soon.

Not to mention that he'll lose the first 12 Months being lost and adjusting to a new league and team.

Also, people were saying that we are among top teams now because of new signings.

Yeah, on paper.
In reality, even if new signings will click, it often takes 6-12 Months.

It is worry what you are saying coz watching this game I had feeling that he is the only guy with stamina. He could play 30 min more with no problems but I can't say the same about Barca midfielders or wingers.

BBZ8800

Ok, Barca is worse than Bayern, we run less, we move less, we press less, we create less clear chances, Fc gets less support from midfielders.

This is all true.
But why on Earth have people writing nonsense only a few days ago whether Lewa will bang 40 or 50 goals.
And how he could easily play on top level for 3 years.

1. He is 34
2. New country
3. New, weaker team
4. Different type of football in Spain
5. Opponent defenders who are better in defending on the ground than in the air
6. Probably better defenders in general
7. Less time and space to shoot and think than in Bundesliga

A simple logic always implied that his La Liga and Cl goals at Barca at the age of 34 will be closer to 20 than to 40.

BBZ8800

It is worry what you are saying coz watching this game I had feeling that he is the only guy with stamina. He could play 30 min more with no problems but I can't say the same about Barca midfielders or wingers.

You didn't watch Barca before?
That's how we do in terms of physique, we don't care for it.

Regardless, Lewa's physique will decline fast from now on due to his age.
So, even though he might run more than the average Barca player, he'll still soon run less than Lewa aged 28 or 30.

And it will get worse each new month.

A simple fact of nature.

Messigician

So, even though he might run more than the average Barca player, he'll still soon run less than Lewa aged 28 or 30.

A simple fact of nature.

You said same about Messi then he went on to win Ballon Dor

ajnotkeith

Which chances are you talking about?

One ball accidentally fell to him in the penalty box which he shot with his left foot narrowly missing.

Can't remember anything else you created yesterday??

He had one great pass into the box where he could turn and shoot but dived for some reason.

pers

A simple fact of nature.

No I didn't apart of CL ones but I'm sure you didn't watch Bayern too. Simply fact of nature would say that 28 Lewandowski should be better than 33 one and it is opposite. So far he shows 0 signs of declining. 28 yo Lewandoski run way less than 32 one.

BBZ8800

You said same about Messi then he went on to win Ballon Dor

And I was wrong...

... for 1 year.

1 year later Messi more or less dissappeared as a top footballer.

So, I was 100% right, except that I have predicted Messi's fall 12 Months too soon.

No one can escape nature.

BBZ8800

So far he shows 0 signs of declining.

His hair is grey on sides.
While sprinting, his start is weaker lately.
When dribbling, his hips/ass are getting slower/less agile, like Rakitic in his last Barca's days.

Let's see what the upcoming months will bring to his pace, acceleration, hips and agility.
Science is pretty clear what will happen.

Horatio

You're welcome
And I was wrong...

... for 1 year.

1 year later Messi more or less dissappeared as a top footballer.

So, I was 100% right, except that I have predicted Messi's fall 12 Months too soon.

No one can escape nature.

Living beings age and decline. Great call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans