9 - Robert Lewandowski

OVI9323

Don't give the L too quick to BBZ, if i'm not mistaking, he think that the more the months goes on, and the less useful RL will be, let's see in a few month...
And like dembele, i'll not really judge their level until we play against big team like real or CL level team to reckon them

Devils

I'd rather have Lewandowski in the team than prime Neymar/Suarez combined. Adds so much more to the team when you've got a player like him who can disrupt even the tightest bunker defenses. He's Plan A *and* Plan B combined.

Agreed. He's also better than both of those players.

pers

Solid performance but we will see better ones. 7/10 to me. What I really liked is how much he interact and give directions to teammates. Not only the young one but also experience ones. He did it in Bayern as well but not that much. In Bayern if something goes not as he expected he showed his disappointment towards teammates. Here so far I don't see it. In a month or two it should look even better. I do hope his winning and scoring mentality will influence all Barca players. 4:0? Let's score 2 more.

Horatio

You're welcome
Solid performance but we will see better ones. 7/10 to me. What I really liked is how much he interact and give directions to teammates. Not only the young one but also experience ones. He did it in Bayern as well but not that much. In Bayern if something goes not as he expected he showed his disappointment towards teammates. Here so far I don't see it. In a month or two it should look even better. I do hope his winning and scoring mentality will influence all Barca players. 4:0? Let's score 2 more.

7/10. Zgodzić się

BBZ8800

BBZ was against Lewy? thought he'd like this type of striker.

I like Lewandowski as a player and his type of strikers.

On the other hand, I think that he is old now and that we paid too much.
For now he is very good.

But, since he is old, logic implies that what we see today, we won't see in 3, 6 or 12 Months.
He is on his Barca's all time peak currently.

So, let's see how fast will time/nature catch on his pace and agility.
And what happens with his physical condition when he plays 10-15 matches in a row without a rest.

Messi dropped from BDor level into a semi retired footballer in a few months.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

For now he is very good.

But, since he is old, logic implies that what we see today, we won't see in 3, 6 or 12 Months.

Development as well as decline is not linear. Lewandowski may well retain his current level for another two or three years similarly to how Modric is still class at an age most midfielders are retired.

Casillas was finished at 32. Van der Saar was playing at elite level at the age of 38.

Yes, most players will start slowing down gradually once they hit 30 and for some it's a steep decline whereas for others they manage to adapt and play at a very high level for much longer than others.

We realistically only need Lewandowski to be great for 2-3 years anyway until we're in a position to really compete financially for a more long-term solution.

Givenchy

For now he is very good.

Fair points, good to see you back posting again.

I was skeptical of his signing also due to his age and price tag but seeing him in the current setup, aside from his incredible goal scoring, I really like his leadership qualities for our young squad - something I didn't see from him during his time at Bayern. My main concern was having another Suarez situation where we can't move the oldie on but I don't think Lewa will be that type. Once he feels his body is gone for this level, he'll be off to MLS to further his brand.

Sailor Mars

Great performance and as mentioned a few posts back, liked how he was communicating with teammates and instructing them, even after scoring his goals.

Top class professional.

Home of Barca Fans