9 - Robert Lewandowski

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Would Lewandowski and Messi work well together as a duo??? Or would that pairing be a dud?

Think they would be great. Lewa combines well and often occupies few defenders. Can be used as a cone too which Messi liked.
It's a question of chemistry too so can't be certain. Shame we'll never know.

Wambo

Would Lewandowski and Messi work well together as a duo??? Or would that pairing be a dud?

If it worked with Eto'o, Villa, Suarez it would have worked with Lewa as well. The single reason why Argentina hasn't won a WC with Messi is because he never got the chance to play with a proper Nr. 9

Temptation

If it worked with Eto'o, Villa, Suarez it would have worked with Lewa as well. The single reason why Argentina hasn't won a WC with Messi is because he never got the chance to play with a proper Nr. 9

Didn't work with Ibrahimovic though.

Eto'o, Villa and Suarez have completely different games and styles than Lewandowski.

For Argentina, Messi had Prime Higuain and Aguero. Both have broken all time records/made history in Serie A and PL respectively.

JamDav1982

None of those three were 34 and none of them played with a 35 year old Messi.

Not that straightforward.

Lewa is completely different type of striker than those three as well.

jamrock

If we are talking old messi & old lewa, naaah hell no, but I don't think that's the question being asked, as that's too obvious of a no.

At their best, they could definitely work together.

feggydinho

Didn't work with Ibrahimovic though.

Eto'o, Villa and Suarez have completely different games and styles than Lewandowski.

For Argentina, Messi had Prime Higuain and Aguero. Both have broken all time records/made history in Serie A and PL respectively.

True, he was just unlucky that Di Maria got injured in 2014 world cup.

Gnidrologist

Had no doubt he would adapt to la liga no problem (another full of shit take by BBZ), but i have been underrating his abilities. Never followed Bayern and thought he's pure classical 9, who's mostly good at poaching like CR, but he's got a lot of WOW factor too. Such an entertaining player. Hope he and team overall will be up to same speed in CL against tough sides.

Givenchy

Had no doubt he would adapt to la liga no problem (another full of shit take by BBZ), but i have been underrating his abilities. Never followed Bayern and thought he's pure classical 9, who's mostly good at poaching like CR, but he's got a lot of WOW factor too. Such an entertaining player. Hope he and team overall will be up to same speed in CL against tough sides.

BBZ was against Lewy? thought he'd like this type of striker.

jamrock

Bbz is against anyone above 32 years old.

Even if you don't think lewa is the best striker of his generation, (he definitely ain't), no way would he fail here, gonna give us 2 good years, I said 70 goals over those two seconds, imma see my over/under on that when the time comes.

I'm thinking over under +/-7.

Home of Barca Fans