9 - Robert Lewandowski

Joan

40 goals in all competitions should be doable for Messi. He plays in Uber eats and PSG has already scored 25 in 7 matches. Why didn't they take the bet again, [MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION]?

Barca scored 15 in 5, for comparison.

KingLeo10

I'm not expecting it, I'm predicting ~60 club goals this season. But 74 is definitely doable, he had 55 goals with Bayern in 19/20 with no second legs in UCL, less games in the cups and 2 less teams in the league.

Messi in 11/12: 60 club games 73 goals 1.21 goals per match
Lewy in 19/20: 47 club games 55 goals 1.17 goals per match

Not much difference and so far Lewy is above his Bundesliga stats with 1.5 goals per match in Barca ;)

It's hard to keep up the scoring pace as the season takes its toll and you have to deal with stronger opponents in both CL and in LL.

Messi has had spurts with 14 goals in 4 games in 11/12...obviously he didn't keep that ratio throughout or he'd have like 160 goals in a season lol.

Lewa fanboys (not fans) are leaving their common sense behind at home.

Blackened

You guys are absurd.. Comparing prime Messi to this guy. A couple of goals and neat flicks against Valladolid and Whatsitsname Plzen...

Barcilliant

Well compared to Suarez his attitude is a breath of fresh air. Suarez would always be waving his arms around,yelling at the youngsters. Lewa seems to enjoy mentoring them and in turn improving the team and his stats.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can't be a surprise his production so quickly. Barca very clearly missed a clinical finisher the last few seasons, chances were being created but no one to put it into the back of the net consistently. No longer a problem

Horatio

You're welcome
Can't be a surprise his production so quickly. Barca very clearly missed a clinical finisher the last few seasons, chances were being created but no one to put it into the back of the net consistently. No longer a problem

Agree. Koeman vindicated.

Jay Jay

We had Luuk De Jong :lucho2:

Porque

Should be a bannable offense to post shite like that in here.

Why don't you wonder how Cruyff feels mate?

Well Cryuff is dead so I would probably get arrested trying to consult his feelings.

I'm not (obviously) saying Lewandowski is better than Messi or even close to him at his prime. Just wondering of the sentiment Messi would have seeing Barcelona playing very well and being led by a guy older than he was when he left Barcelona.

He doesn't seem the type of guy to be just happy for his old club to be doing well again. Must be some bitterness seeing how easily and quickly he has seemingly been replaced and forgotten.

malvolio

Well Cryuff is dead so I would probably get arrested trying to consult his feelings.

I'm not (obviously) saying Lewandowski is better than Messi or even close to him at his prime. Just wondering of the sentiment Messi would have seeing Barcelona playing very well and being led by a guy older than he was when he left Barcelona.

He doesn't seem the type of guy to be just happy for his old club to be doing well again. Must be some bitterness seeing how easily and quickly he has seemingly been replaced and forgotten.

You are exaggerating by quite a bit. First off, this team hasn't won shit. Second, Messi was the best player in the team and in the league when he left. Third, Messi would have very much enjoyed having the likes of Kounde, more mature Pedri, Raphinha, better version of Dembele, even Lewandowski, to play with.

Will probably find out next season anyway. But Messi doesn't seem the guy to be bitter over anything.

jamrock

We have to win first before we can talk about replaced.

Messi has been forgotten by probably only glory hunting Barcelona fans, the word forgotten, Messi & Barcelona, should never & can never be placed in the same sentence, that bit is truly crazy to me bro.

don't think he has any bitterness, if we face each other, sure he wants to win, who wouldn't, but outside that I'm sure he wants us to win everything he isn't competing for himself including the CL should he be knocked out before us, bitterness is saying I wish my ex breaks her leg at the performance tonight, Messi isn't wishing anyone but Barcelona win the league & Copa and only wants 1 team not name Barcelona to win the CL

If anything he's probably like damn, I wish I had a functional team around me at Barcelona for the last 2 years I was there, I would do wonders with this team, something like that.

Joan

20/21 season with Messi: 3rd place
21/22 season without Messi: 2nd place
22/23 season with Lewa: ?

I bet you it won't be third :coffee:

Getting rid of Messi is the best thing to have happened to Barca in the last few years. Even if he was a great player at the time of his departure. Huge burden unloaded.

Just hope they don't try to get him back.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's more about Laporta, Alemany and Jordi Cruyff along with Xavi than moving on from Messi. The squad right now is not even comparable to what we had 2-3 years ago.

If we had let Messi walk with Bartomeu in charge I'm confident we'd be a EL team right now lol. Instead of signing players like Kounde, Raphinha and Lewandowski we'd probably have signed Darwin Nunez for 120m, Oyarzabal and Pau Torres.

soul24rage

20/21 season with Messi: 3rd place
21/22 season without Messi: 2nd place
22/23 season with Lewa: ?

I bet you it won't be third :coffee:

20/21 season: Barca were on 79 points being 7 points away from league leaders
21/22 season: Barca were on 73 points being 13 points away from league leaders

but yes, let's put everything on Messi's fault :coffee:

Getting rid of Messi is the best thing to have happened to Barca in the last few years. Even if he was a great player at the time of his departure. Huge burden unloaded.

Just hope they don't try to get him back.

You really think getting rid of Messi is better than getting rid of Bartomeu? fyi, I think Messi leaving was a good decision as he does not fit in Xavi's current system.

Home of Barca Fans