9 - Robert Lewandowski

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
ummm....he should have scored 2 today. Nothing to do with age.

Not saying age is letting him down, it is a factor that will work against him and us in the future though; I am saying for some reason, not being clinical enough, mental or something else, he just couldn't score in some key CL games. Don't have the stats, just based off my memory of seeing some Bayern fans dissing him for that in the past.

Horatio

You're welcome
Not saying age is letting him down, it is a factor that will work against him and us in the future though; I am saying for some reason, not being clinical enough, mental or something else, he just couldn't score in some key CL games. Don't have the stats, just based off my memory of seeing some Bayern fans dissing him for that in the past.

You might be right in other games, but for today's game no excuses should be made and is expected to AT LEAST bury one of the chances he got. Think he just made too big of a deal out of scoring against his old team.

Temptation

Had my suspicions ever since he mentioned he followed Lewa during his second-division league days.

Another day, another blatant KL lie. :mou:
Mind showing me where I said I followed his second division games?

By [MENTION=20218]Horatio[/MENTION]'s "logic" half the forum is Argentine....:lol:

Anyways, Warsaw is a lovely place and the Polish people I met before joining this forum were nice and cool people.

Blackened

Bayern fans wanted him out in 2018 because of his repeated ghostings during crucial games. Most missed big chances out of Europes top-league. But hey, no worries! He'll score a hat-trick against Levante and RL9 is the best in the World, hey Temps?

Messi983

Yeah, he missed but at least he got in scoring chances and also played solid overall. Raphinha and especially Dembele were far bigger disappointments imo.

Also, we should not forget that Suarez went around 5 years without scoring an away CL goal. And he had Messi playing alongside him.

Raketa10

Problem is that he was bought to win us games like this one yesterday and not easy ones like Plzen or Cadiz. He needs to step up in big games.

Blackened

That's why I said Eto is way better than Lewandowski

100% this. Just because Lewy can head the ball better and is supposedly a more clinical finisher doesnt make him better. That finishing touch always disappears in tough matches. Arnautovic would have scored a brace today.

Temptation

Bayern fans wanted him out in 2018 because of his repeated ghostings during crucial games. Most missed big chances out of Europes top-league. But hey, no worries! He'll score a hat-trick against Levante and RL9 is the best in the World, hey Temps?

He still is.

Him having a stinker yesterday doesn't change the player he is. Just like him scoring a hattrick yesterday wouldn't change a thing. Not reactionary enough to change opinions based on a CL group stage Matchday 2 game....

But fair enough you had that write-up prepared for more than a month and were waiting for an appropriate game to post it. He deserves the criticism for those misses.

jamrock

Yeah, he missed but at least he got in scoring chances and also played solid overall. Raphinha and especially Dembele were far bigger disappointments imo.

Also, we should not forget that Suarez went around 5 years without scoring an away CL goal. And he had Messi playing alongside him.

Sounds like something people day about Torres lol

BBZ8800

BBZ was right about him.

SMH.

Thanks.

The mystery is unwrapping.
He is a statpadder against weak teams (Bundesliga, weak La Liga teams, CL group stage).
Against big teams, he isn't any better than Zlatan.
In fact, he had way more CL shots than Zlatan in 8 years at Bayern.
Maybe it is not a coincidence that Bayern had 1 CL final in 8 years with him in attack.
Yet they played 3 finals in 5 years prior to him.

Also, as Te Amo mentioned: looked as his age tonight.
He will decline fast.
The only question is: whether it will be in 3 or 23 months.
I still don't believe he will stay on the top level that long.

Further, some cracks and questions are already showing:
1. He was fresh in the first matches. But now after 5-6-7 matches in a row, he is less fresh and fast, which is expected for his age
2. Struggles against big teams
3. What I don't like at all: why did he play for 90 minutes yesterday? He was off and tired. And in the minute 60, the match was lost. He should have been subbed for Ansu, keeping him fresh for La Liga minows.
This way we got nothing.
He earned another mental scar for losing against big team/Bayern.
He lost tons of his energy for nothing in the 2nd half.
Also, plying him for 90 minutes indicates:
1) that either Xavi overrates his physical condition and longterm stamina
2) or Lewa can't be benched (the same as Messi and Neymar) which will surely hurt him later in the season since, no matter what Temptation says, Lewa is already a semi-granny and his physical condition is declining each passing day.

All in all, about his fall and decline.
The question is not: whether it will happen, but WHEN will it happen.
This season or the next one?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans