9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

It was a very important game for both teams, with nerves and intensity in the first half almost equal to a KO game. If it was just a group stage game, why did he choke so hard and fail to score on 3 important occasions and in general look rattled throughout the game?

This game was obviously more than just a game between two top clubs, due to our recent history against Bayern, their arrogance towards us, Lewa's recent transfer, our desire to prove ourselves once again and Bayerns weird inferiority complex towards us. It was a huge game, especially for us.

Every player has games where they forget their shooting boots....

Looking at the misses, the first miss was a sitter. Piss easy chance.

With the header, he didn't do anything wrong really. Neuer just made a great save. He did what he had to.

In the 3rd chance Pedri delayed the pass by a second which gave him no time to set up the shot before the defender intervened.

I hear the wingers had a mare so that makes the overall game more difficult doesn't it?

El Gato

Villarato!
Very recently for Poland, he scored against stronger sides in Euros: Spain and brace against Sweden including a banger with no support.

Also scored and played well in the decisive WC qualifier against Sweden recently.

No one can do more with your National Team. It's piss poor.

Wtf you on about, what banger
He scored a pen vs Sweden
Played well tho. More to do with the team riding a wave and back against the wall to qualify for WC with a newly appointed head coach

Not nearly enough either way
He was flat out absent in Euro 2012 with Milik and the other Dortmund players having to rescue the team
His NT stats pre-2015 are shocking considering how things were just after he left to Bayern

Can't use the team excuse all the time
Team was actually fairly strong in 2016 because had a good CB pairing and Europa League winner DM in top form, and these were historically always always the positions with worst players. And still Lewa found a way to net 1 goal in 5 with Northern Ireland and Ukraine in the group
He was pish vs Germany in every meeting I remember
Only reason people dont get on his case for that 2016 Euros stint is because he was mercurial in the qualifiers so people give him a pass

Last edited:

Temptation

In Euro 2016 he scored against eventual winners Portugal.

Talking about the team, currently a past it Glik who turns slower than a truck still starts CB and yet Lewandowski has managed a goal a game ratio in recent years.

Also scored against Belgium very recently.

That penalty against Sweden was the definition of a high pressure situation. If that's not high pressure I don't know what is! Also apart from the goal he had a cracking game.

And he did score a banger in that game against Sweden in the Euros. Go and watch the highlights again. Also scored against Spain in that competition.

The last time you played England and drew 1-1 he was the best player on the pitch by a countrymile. A level above everybody else on the pitch. Set up the equilizer on a plate.

Also says it all when a totally past it Krychowiak is a mainstay in your midfield.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't have first clue how to defend own take
We're on about how useful he was when team was good and he didn't do nearly enough

But Temptation comes in and brings up a goal vs Belgium at like 0-6 down and a penalty vs Sweden as arguments for top tier Lewa performance

Stunning

Temptation

You're talking about Euro 2016 where he scored against the biggest team he faced and the eventual champions.

Also he was the only player who performed in the recent Euros for Poland.

Great record in tournament qualifiers always.

I gave a list of him scoring against superior opposition in very recent times.

And yeah, like I said, not one player on the planet is doing more with that National Team.

Horatio

You're welcome
You're talking about Euro 2016 where he scored against the biggest team he faced and the eventual champions.

Also he was the only player who performed in the recent Euros for Poland.

Great record in tournament qualifiers always.

I gave a list of him scoring against superior opposition in very recent times.

And yeah, like I said, not one player on the planet is doing more with that National Team.

I already had my suspicions, but now it has become quite obvious you are Polish on either father or mum's side. My bet is still on mum.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=30154]Temptation[/MENTION]
Not always. Been shit in qualifiers pre 2015 and famously so

You didnt understand argument and still don't
Never been a claim he doesn't score vs big teams
The claim is he doesn't do it often enough fitting his club football MO
Big gaps between flat out good performances verse likes of Spain and England and even goes missing when expected to help team get an easy good score
Apart from goal vs Portugal in 2016, who were shite that tourney, barely made it out the group, he was pretty poor
Scoring vs Belgium in Nations League at 0-6 couldn't be less relevant

Granted he's been good generally this past year and still there's never certainty he won't give you a stinker for no reason

PS FWIW I don't think Temptation is Polish through parents. Maybe his boyfriend/girlfriend is
Real Poles don't Stan for Lewa that hard

Last edited:

Kul_z

Lewa is wc cf when things go well. Tempt and his clones(read clowns) cant understand why eto'o would put this tie to bed. Easily.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
In the past Bayern fans had often complained about him not scoring in key CL games. So wasn't surprised by today.

He is a nice addition, still lethal against many opponents but let's not expect too much from a 34-year old in tough CL games.

Horatio

You're welcome
In the past Bayern fans had often complained about him not scoring in key CL games. So wasn't surprised by today.

He is a nice addition, still lethal against many opponents but let's not expect too much from a 34-year old in tough CL games.

ummm....he should have scored 2 today. Nothing to do with age.

Home of Barca Fans