9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

Lewa never truly convinced in the CL. And actually for NT too - he was more often unimpressive vs Germany and sides of similar calibre, even if he was often frustrated by lack of his team's professionalism/talent

He can bang them in like nobody's business when big lights are off, but he tenses up at crunch time Morata-style too often. He lets those BDO dreams get to his head. Its own kind of insecurity really.
He may yet get over it. Worse players than him have

He's pretty much a Robben. Great player with a nice CV, but definitely underachieved a little bit (at least so far).

Robben was worse though. He was a certified choker over that stretch of 2010 CL final, 2010 WC, and 2012 CL final (missed pens, missed 1 on 1s, whole game disappearing act etc.)

Horatio

You're welcome
Lewa never truly convinced in the CL. And actually for NT too - he was more often unimpressive vs Germany and sides of similar calibre, even if he was often frustrated by lack of his team's professionalism/talent

He can bang them in like nobody's business when big lights are off, but he tenses up at crunch time Morata-style too often. He lets those BDO dreams get to his head. Its own kind of insecurity really.
He may yet get over it. Worse players than him have.
Robben was a guaranteed disasterclass in big games until he scored that goal in 2013 final

Look...you might be right but...why have to wait for a bad performance to write this up? Where was this before?

KingLeo10

R9 has holes in his CV too. Massive ones in fact .....

Dunno why people are treating the second group stage game as a make or break clutch tie. It's just a group game against a big club.

The funny thing is scoring here wouldn't mean this performance being brought up in any discussions in the future. Perspective.

R9 is from another planet compared to Lewa in actual video footage.

R9 has scored big goals in WC semi finals and WC finals.

Even the washed up, fat version of him dropped a hat-trick at OT in CL against a stacked United side.

The eye test says there's no comparison. R9 is another level to Lewa.

jamrock

It's not a matter of knock out, this game was a big pressure game & he did what he tends to do, whenever the lights are on this is more than likely to happen with him.

He'll score at home against them when we are already pretty much through or they are.

Temptation

Even the washed up, fat version of him dropped a hat-trick at OT against a stacked United side.

Why are you treating the second game of the group stage as a clutch do or die tie though? I don't get it.

This is hardly a knockout or anything close to that stage.

I get it that you wanted to get your revenge on Bayern. But the overrating of the occasion is weird. This is hardly an iconic match where history would be written...

El Gato

Villarato!
Look...you might be right but...why have to wait for a bad performance to write this up? Where was this before?

Tag me next time, I'll remind you when you prompt me at a time you find suitable for such post to appear

Also, notice how I tagged Flaco. He was the first Lewa stan for at least 6 years back and I used to have to straighten out his useless tweet reposts bigging up Lewa after he had one of these moments again and again

KingLeo10

Why are you treating the second game of the group stage as a clutch do or die tie though? I don't get it.

This is hardly a knockout or anything close to that stage.

I get it that you wanted to get your revenge on Bayern. But the overrating of the occasion is weird.

This (along with the Camp Nou leg) was the deciding game for top group stage finish, which 90% of the time guarantees an easier draw to the final.

No one is saying this was the final. But it was still a huge game. He dropped a finishing disasterclass and didn't do a good job of proving his naysayers wrong. He'll have another chance at the Camp Nou but eh...

Temptation

Even the washed up, fat version of him dropped a hat-trick at OT in CL against a stacked United side.

R9's CL record is bang average plus he has no longevity.

He also had the privilege of playing for a great iconic Brazil side which hardly any striker gets.....

Nello

This is a group stage game. Just against a great club.

No one would have mentioned it years later as a "clutch CL goal" even if he scored here. This isn't a make or break knockout moment and wouldn't be brought up in any significant discussions years down the line.

It was a very important game for both teams, with nerves and intensity in the first half almost equal to a KO game. If it was just a group stage game, why did he choke so hard and fail to score on 3 important occasions and in general look rattled throughout the game?

This game was obviously more than just a game between two top clubs, due to our recent history against Bayern, their arrogance towards us, Lewa's recent transfer, our desire to prove ourselves once again and Bayerns weird inferiority complex towards us. It was a huge game, especially for us.

KingLeo10

R9's CL record is bang average plus he has no longevity.

He also had the privilege of playing for a great iconic Brazil side which hardly any striker gets.....

So...you think Lewa is on R9's level? I need to know a straight yes/no so I can just exit this convo here based on a yes

Temptation

He may yet get over it. Worse players than him have.
Robben was a guaranteed disasterclass in big games until he scored that goal in 2013 final

Very recently for Poland, he scored against stronger sides in Euros: Spain and brace against Sweden including a banger with no support.

Also scored and played well in the decisive WC qualifier against Sweden recently.

No one can do more with your National Team. It's piss poor.

Home of Barca Fans