9 - Robert Lewandowski

Richard.H

While Suarez is a lot more entertaining to watch than Lewa, Lewa is objectively the better striker. There is not a doubt in my mind. It's also clear that Lewa is a better athlete and puts in a lot more work outside the field.

Andresito

Staff member
Temptation doing a great job of turning Barca fans against Lewandowski I must say. Just like how Riqui's fanboys did with the world's greatest midfielder.

Temptation

Some interesting quotes from his Press Conference for international games:

"Ballon D or? I know Barca is the team where the most players have won the Ballon D or. I think there is a shorter way to the Ballon D or from Barca than from Bayern."

"Gavi, Ansu, Pedri, Ferran...the amount of talent in this team is mind blowing. They are always asking me questions and I share my knowledge with them."

"The Bundesliga is more physical than La Liga. In Spain, there are lots of teams that try and play a special style of Football."

"My signing for Barca gave the club a boost. I knew I had to be a differential player in match results and I'm not afraid of this role. I'm very proud of myself."

On the Bayern game:

"To be honest we deserved to win against Bayern or atleast a draw. We showed that we can create a lot of chances. The game against Bayern was a big challenge for me. It was impossible for me to stop all those feelings after the love from Bayern fans. It was more than a sporting match for me. It was an emotional match. As soon as I entered the stadium, it was a strange feeling to go into another dressing room. You can't silence your feelings completely. Because it hasn't been long since I left Bayern."

Temptation

The Ballon d or answer is so open and direct. Brutal honesty. :lol:

Also, interesting that he basically says he was overwhelmed with emotions after seeing the reception he got from Bayern fans.

soul24rage

isn't RM the club that has the most # of players who won the BD?

Anyways, I do think that Lewy will need to have a Benz type of 21/22 season to win the BD since the WC and the Euros/Copa America will be factored in the 2023 and 2024 edition respectively.

Sailor Mars

He's pretty outspoken about wanting a Ballon D'or. It was a sham that it wasn't given out in 2020. Lewandowski would've been the clear favourite.

KingLeo10

isn't RM the club that has the most # of players who won the BD?

Anyways, I do think that Lewy will need to have a Benz type of 21/22 season to win the BD since the WC and the Euros/Copa America will be factored in the 2023 and 2024 edition respectively.

Yep, Barca has the most Ballon D'Or wins but RM has the most Ballon D'Or wins by different players.

malvolio

Suarez got fat and is playing in South America during the same time Lewandowski is contending for Golden Boots and Ballon D'ors. No question which one took their career more seriously.

Suarez trumps Lewa's international career and was dominant earlier in his club career. Suddenly playing at 35 is testament of greatness? R9 is shite then.

Temptation

Lewandowski plays for Poland. Suarez won the Copa with the country that has won the most Copas in history. Even with Poland, Lewandowski's individual record is better than Suarez.

Lewandowski surpassed Suarez long back. Barca fans and Suarez loyalists need to deal with that.

Feel bad for those Suarez fans. They can't even use the league excuse anymore when Lewandowski is exposing the myth of La Liga defenses. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans