9 - Robert Lewandowski

serghei

He should have planned his move better. He left a stable top 4 club for a financially troubled Barca at the worst time in decades. What the hell did he expect? :lol:

You come to Barca now to help, not to win the biggest titles. Should be clear to anyone, we're back to late 90s and early 00s Gaspart era.

Whatever improvements we do, old players like Lewa won't be around to benefit much from in terms of big titles. 1 La Liga and it is already a big succcess.

Last edited:

malvolio

He should have planned his move better. He left a stable top 4 club for a financially troubled Barca at the worst time in decades. What the hell did he expect? :lol:

You come to Barca now to help, not to win the biggest titles. Should be clear to anyone, we're back to late 90s and early 00s Gaspart era.

Whatever improvements we do, old players like Lewa won't be around to benefit much from in terms of big titles. 1 La Liga and it is already a big succcess.

Had no option really. It was Chelsea or Barca. And he and his wife were dead set for some time in the sun.

Its far from guaranteed but I can see us winning the league this year if we continue hopw we're going (us being able to scrape that last win together actually gives me more hope of this) and get lucky with injuries by the time the next classico comes around we can make it happen.

That being said unless our midfield gets sorted in the next season or two and one of Fati/Ferran/Raphinha make a leap I dont see us winning the UCL while Lewy is here.

Temptation

Andres Iniesta on RL9:

"He is a spectacular Footballer. We already knew that. In addition to scoring so many goals, he has brilliant technical maneuvers and physical power. He is a player who will be key for Barca not only because of his goalscoring but because of what he has to transmit to the youngest members of the team and to the players in general."

JamDav1982

In summer you were cock a hoop with the squad and how much it had improved and agreed Barca should be challenging for league and deeper in CL.

Few months later it is all about how hard it is for Barca and a league would be a huge achievement.

None of these concessions given for others in worse situations.

Just constantly changing goal posts for obvious reasons.

fergus90

Barca didnt play well home or away v Inter. Could have conceded 4/5 at home quite easily.

Were awful at home to Bayern and poor away to Real.

Even the second half at the Allianz was poor and Bayern weren’t in good form at the time. A complete stark contrast to the team that played in the first half and they decided to never show in Europe for the rest of the campaign.

serghei

I think it's fairly clear that we didn't play well in the big games so far this season. Nobody is saying otherwise. And a progress has to happen with how we perform in the bigger games vs stronger teams.

If that continues the manager will pay as it nearly always happens, because you can't win titles just by beating only lower level teams. For example, if we lose 9 out of 12 points vs Madrid and Atletico or something like that, La Liga will be next to impossible.

Last edited:

Birdy

FgooI-hX0AAPMGg
FgooI-gXEAAExT8

Has he begun to 'de-bulk' in Barcelona, or is it just my impression?

KingLeo10

FgooI-hX0AAPMGg
FgooI-gXEAAExT8

Has he begun to 'de-bulk' in Barcelona, or is it just my impression?

Nah, the vascularity/pump in the first picture is likely a result of the picture being taken in the immediate aftermath of an intensive drill, coupled with the temperature (looks like the sun's really out in that picture)

Barcelona physical training is definitely inferior to Bayern's but I don't that really applies for a player like Lewa who probably does a lot of his own conditioning.

In general, even with individuals who carry a lot of muscle mass, they need to get warmed up (muscles pumped with blood) for the musculature to really pop/show.

Richard.H

Nah, the vascularity/pump in the first picture is likely a result of the picture being taken in the immediate aftermath of an intensive drill, coupled with the temperature (looks like the sun's really out in that picture)

Barcelona physical training is definitely inferior to Bayern's but I don't that really applies for a player like Lewa who probably does a lot of his own conditioning.

In general, even with individuals who carry a lot of muscle mass, they need to get warmed up (muscles pumped with blood) for the musculature to really pop/show.

I am not so sure. Remember those videos they released from the 18/19 season? Day in the life of barca players? The barca chefs were serving absolute shit to the players. Pasta, lots of fruits, pastries, basically just carbs. Also all the exercises I saw were cardio drills. I hope they spend more time lifting weights now.

KingLeo10

I am not so sure. Remember those videos they released from the 18/19 season? Day in the life of barca players? The barca chefs were serving absolute shit to the players. Pasta, lots of fruits, pastries, basically just carbs. Also all the exercises I saw were cardio drills. I hope they spend more time lifting weights now.

I agree that Barca training/conditioning is inferior to Bayern's but for a player like Lewa who holds himself to a high standard (and has the means of personal training), I think it's not a huge drop off.

For the weaklings like Roberto, Dest etc. who haven't known any better and don't have the personal ambition, it's a large disparity.

Home of Barca Fans