9 - Robert Lewandowski

vuji_31

And out plan for summer, is to but 17 years old Brazilian kid, who is not rated as top striker to be our main attacker LOL.

KingLeo10

Ronaldo similar. They slimmed down to stay fit and protect their joints, but lost muscle and power with age.

CR7 played exclusively non contact football since he turned 29/30 (around 13-14). Wouldn't entertain a challenge except for headers, and used his excellent off the ball movement until his legs gave out

He was never that strong tbh. Neither was Lewa. We're not talking about a Dzeko or a Drogba here.

BBZ8800

At the beginning of the season, a lot of fans laughed when some of us said that he will decline heavily very soon.

In 12 Months, he'll be a super sub more or less.

serghei

At the beginning of the season, a lot of fans laughed when some of us said that he will decline heavily very soon.

Nah, still gonna bag plenty of goals in La Liga. He is just too old for the top tier opponents.

KingLeo10

You're 50% on this stuff now. Right (so far) about Lewa, but totally wrong about Messi :mou:

serghei

He's not right at all. Lewa is top scorer in the league.

If he was elite at the top and of a great age, he'd have cost us 3 times more.

Morten

Could just be a bad run of form, though age is catching up.

Some people were talking about how Lewa and Messi could be a deadly combination next season, in the UCL, think its a bit too late for that to work in knockout now.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah, seems so.

I hope we made plans with him for 2 seasons, not 3.

Suarez started declining at the beginning of 2017-8 under EV.
2019-20 was already utter garbage for a top team...

I would hope we are still in the 2017-2018 Suarez arc with LEwa.
I would hope...

Tbh I think he'll bounce back and have another good or very good season, but if we're smart we start making contingency plans already. Guys like Osimhen are not possible for us and way out of our price range but if they believe Vitor Roque is that guy and he can be signed for 30-40m then it's worth looking into.

Or maybe someone else, but I'd love to have a #9 who is very quick again. Your team just becomes more dynamic that way.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Signing has been s 10/10. First scorer of the league, attitude like a model pro. He's a gladiator and can easily go for 2 more seasons at top flight easily.

Blackened

Well this is to be expected. He does turn 35 within 6 months. Besides Leo, CR, Ibra and Benz there arent really any world-class attacking players at that age. Many of his one-time competitors have either retired or went to softer challenges. Luisito? Gremio. Cavani? Valencia. Falcao? Rayo, impact sub. Diego Costa? Wolverhampton, impact sub. Higuain? Retired. Aguero? Retired. Mandzukic? Retired. Lewandowski is pretty much the last man standing out of his generation.

Home of Barca Fans