9 - Robert Lewandowski

Richard.H

So how are so many players injured on this team compared to other clubs that had a lot of players in WC? What are these players eating, drinking? What do their trainings look like? Just rondas, sprints, and no weightlifting?

Richard.H

Also his loss is huge, due to his presence requiring 1 or more defenders to actively mark him. We no longer have a (perceived) goal scoring threat in the team anymore. There is no one else in the squad that actually specializes in scoring. Now would've been a good time to have Auba and Memphis

Birdy

To be honest we're not missing much. Remember that during the 3 games of his suspension we actually won all 3.

When he's here or when he's not here makes little difference against top teams. Whether that's his fault or the tactics who knows.

Blessing in disguise his injury nowadays. Ferran's chance to shine

Still, we need to mention: another injury because of Xavi's overplaying key players. Totally incapable of winning against LL fodder with rotations

So how are so many players injured on this team compared to other clubs that had a lot of players in WC? What are these players eating, drinking? What do their trainings look like? Just rondas, sprints, and no weightlifting?
Bayern only has one player out right now - and that is Hernandez who had an ACL. Mazraoui who had lung problems after Covid during the World Cup is back in team training and will probably make his comeback at the weekend - and Mane made his on Sunday. Else everybody is fit and healthy.

I do not know if that is really an ideal scenario as Bayern e.g. had Sane, Gnabry, Mane and Tel on the bench for the offense on Sunday. M?ller assisted two of the three goals, Coman scored and assisted one, Musiala and Choupo-Moteng scored - and all four were playing together great. Difficult for the others to get into the starting formation.

KingLeo10

The cynic in me suspects he isn't actually injured but there is some drama unfolding behind the scenes, and this is Xavi and co. saving face.

The cynic in me suspects he isn't actually injured but there is some drama unfolding behind the scenes, and this is Xavi and co. saving face.

I do not know when he had the last muscle injury. Missed one match in October 2017 was the only time he did in his Bayern years.

vuji_31

Barca training designed for small, slow and weak midgets is doing it's magic, from terminator he is becoming a slow bloodless zombie.

CatalinR10

About Lewa, I think that he will be a monumental failure.
Paying 50m for him is Coutinho/Dembele/Griezz level of bad.

Why?
1. well, for his whole career he has played in Germany. A different football, culture, weather, mentality.
It is a huge question whether he will ever adapt to Spain and our football.
But then, he is 34.
We need him asap and it won't happen.

Further, even if he somehow magically clicks, which is highly unlikely, again, he is 34 and he will decline as fast as Messi and Cr7 in upcoming months.

Then, the injuries.
Larsson broke knee ligaments in December of his first season here.
Aguero retired from football.

Are there any players at all whom people can mention: who came to a new country aged 34 and had a desired impact?
Only Cr7 comes to mind, but even then majority will say that his Juve years were a flop.

Long term, this is horrible, horrible transfer, throwing money down the drain.

My expectations from Lewa:
1. Dissapointment
2. Or being good for 6-12 months, then getting injured or totally declining due to age

Basically, we paid 50m transfer fee for 1 season.
For that money we could have just kept Messi.
At least he knows the team and the country.

Post from 16th July.

So far BBZ is right and is getting some big W's here and there after his massive ,, Messi - WOAT and Coutinho will be better fit than Neymar for Barca" L's.

:messi:

Horatio

You're welcome
DonAK and I were not in favour of the transfer either. But BBZ can have the W. He was more unrelentless in his criticism.

JohnN

If you are constantly 100% negative at some point you are gonna be proven correct.
My opinion has been that Auba and Lukk would be just good enough for our current level.
Lewa is also overated and on top of that is now old and no longer has access to bayerns "special nutrition".

jamrock

Auba can't get a game for Chelsea & was poor for 1 or 2 seasons before he joined us he had a nice purple patch due to new surroundings, that's about it.

He wouldn't have been up for that long slug of a season, too busy flexing for the gram.

Home of Barca Fans