9 - Robert Lewandowski

Slevinn

Lewandowski: "The youngsters at Barça don't speak English, and I need to improve my Spanish. But it doesn't matter, because we communicate in another language, the language of football."

This is why we call it the beautiful game.

Wise words Mr lewandoski
They probably just pretend to not speak English so this old creep leaves them alone.
This MF looks like he’s 60 when you see him play so I can only imagine how weird and predatory he must seem when he talks about his 20 yo body against our teenage players.

Let’s hope some Saudi team saves us from him because at this rate he is going for a 10 goal season and actually being benched by Ferrarn fucking Torres.

Andresito

Staff member
He's the big star but he needs to face the fact that Ferran might get some minutes off him if he keeps performing like this.

He probably knew he had to share minutes sooner or later with Roque signing, but it might come earlier than he expected with Ferran's form (and his own lack of).

Porque

I don't think there is any shame with a 35 year old striker giving 55-65 minutes then coming off for a workrate guy like Ferran.

Lewy did get an excellently taken goal this match. Link up was bad but will always suck with cut back Gavi to his left, cut back Raphi to his right and backheel Pedri behind him.

It's kind, get the ball to Lewandowski, to do what exactly? There is absolutely no forward penetration or anything happening around him. And he doesn't have the pace, and never did, to do it all himself unless you can get it to him inside the penalty box.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ferran will only get some minutes off him if Ferran can replicate his form in actual games. As I said the other day it's a different thing to do this in pre-season where there's no pressure whatsoever. We've had a lot of pre-season warriors who have stunk up the place otherwise.

Hopefully Ferran can prove to be somewhat useful though so it gets easier to ship him off next year.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ferran will only get some minutes off him if Ferran can replicate his form in actual games. As I said the other day it's a different thing to do this in pre-season where there's no pressure whatsoever. We've had a lot of pre-season warriors who have stunk up the place otherwise.

Hopefully Ferran can prove to be somewhat useful though so it gets easier to ship him off next year.
Ferran had great games at tail end last season. Been improving ever since consulting a psychologist. There was that afwul backpass to Ter stegen from almost opponets box yeah…

Think he will deliver in la liga at least. Think he will bottle a few chances here and there but his overall play will contribute greatly.

Messigician

They probably just pretend to not speak English so this old creep leaves them alone.
This MF looks like he’s 60 when you see him play so I can only imagine how weird and predatory he must seem when he talks about his 20 yo body against our teenage players.

Let’s hope some Saudi team saves us from him because at this rate he is going for a 10 goal season and actually being benched by Ferrarn fucking Torres.
Odd comment

KingLeo10

Temp "smeagol" tation about to go nuclear at this post which is stating pure facts

:mou:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

It seems that in Barcelona they haven't heard the famous adage
" You can't fight father time."

Despite dancing tiktok videos and rumors of insane workouts and diets, who would've thought that at 34, Robert Lewandowski would actually play like a 34 year old?

I mean if a guy as dedicated and obsessed as Cristiano can't fight father time, who can?

I hope we never fall for this again as this was a ill conceived idea from the get go. It's hard to blame Robert, as he plays exactly as one would have expected him to play in the final stages of his career.

behindbrowneyes

After all this hate lately (never was a big fan of this transfer as you can read from posts when Barca signed him) I checked his stats and gotta say people are exaggerating.
He had 33 goals and 8 assists in 46 games which is almost a scorer point per game. Type of consistency you need when you want to win La Liga.

Serie A is the perfect top league for strikers past their prime, but Robert played a big part in Barca winning the title last season. This season? We will see, but let's not write him off. Only thing that needs to be managed better by Xavi are his minutes. Can't be that he plays 86 minutes per game on average again.

JamDav1982

Doesnt work like that.

Not quite sure what a 'scorer point' is but for example he scored 4 v Elche and none v Real or Atletico in league.

He scores 3 v Plzn in Europe then is terrible v Bayern x2, Man Utd x2 and Inter away but his goals will look decent as 3 in those 5 games.

Also got a couple in cup v some no marks.

Part of the reason Barca spent so big on him was the extra riches of later European rounds and against bigger sides in La Liga.

He wasnt complete shite but his overall game and goal record is not great or worth what Barca paid.

Barca in league scored 2 more than did season before when had worse side and were equally as shit in Europe.

Ronaldo scored goals for United... but he was limited and team as whole was not better. Thats what Barca looked like really. He lacked pace and hold up play wasnt great but still scored some goals.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

You don't win La Liga because you win and score against Madrid teams, but by winning the most points against smaller and average sides in La Liga which are majority of teams tbh.

Competing or going the "extra" mile in Europe never was realistic given how Barca competed in Europe in last few years. One single player wouldn't change that. Could sign Haaland and wouldn't compete much longer than with Robert. Lewandowski was the best Barca could get realistically and he did his job. Not in a fancy way with great, dominant games, but he did what one could expect from him.

Of course there were games where he scored more than one and games where he didn't deliver and completely disappeared, but the difference is still that with a striker like Lewandowski Barca will compete for La Liga until the end and with a striker like Morata wouldn't. Not that great strikers grow on trees. There is a reason Bayern is breaking their bank for a 30yo Kane.

JamDav1982

He is paid the big money to help win the tougher games and to improve the teams attack.

Failed v best teams in league and in Europe.

Barca as a team scored two goals more in league compared to season before and his all round game was inconsistent at best.

Auba and LDJ the previous season had better goals per min.

Of course going further in Europe was 'realistic' it was one of the reasons the levers were pulled and QFs budgeted for.

As said it looked like United with Ronaldo really.. older player scoring some goals but teams attack didnt improve much due to him.

Not worth what was paid.

Home of Barca Fans