9 - Robert Lewandowski

Messi983

He's had a tremendous year and coupled with the fact Bayern won the treble, I'd be amazed if he didn't win it.

I don't usually like this argument. It's an individual award so it shouldn't be about what his team won.

That said, Lewa would totally deserve it.

He should also be a very good example for many young players how far you can come by working hard. He was never rated highly as a teenager but still made a much better career than most if not all overhyped kids who were considered top 10 talents at that time. Too lazy to check so there is probably a player or two there who have also made a very good career but I'm pretty sure our own kids like Bojan and G2S were high on those top talent lists around 2007-09.

fergus90

That might be but he is not the best player in the world. Just a finisher.

But he's had the best 2020 out of any player in Europe. Which is what the player of the year award should be about.

Otherwise, you're giving it to Messi and Ronaldo every year based on talent and achievements.

olivis

Think they rushed cancelling Balon D?or. Would have been good to see him get it.

It's a disgrace. Especially the argument they gave.
Every year some fans believe their fav player was robbed of the award but I suppose this year all football fans can agree Lewandowski was robbed of an award he very much deserved.

Vilarrubi

It's a disgrace. Especially the argument they gave.
Every year some fans believe their fav player was robbed of the award but I suppose this year all football fans can agree Lewandowski was robbed of an award he very much deserved.

Even dumber when you think FIFA the best is still being given and all team trophies etc

olivis

Even dumber when you think FIFA the best is still being given and all team trophies etc

yep. And considering ever since they split there is some competition between the awards as to which will end up being the more reputable award, France Football did themselves a great disservice here.

Yannik

Such a dumb decision seriously. You don't have to be holding a ceremony, but literally the whole process of voting can be done through mail ins and the winner can be announced online.
All the other awards were given, but the Ballon D'Or wasn't for no apparent reason.

Morten

LOL - he is striker what should he do ? Keeping the goal clean ? Its not like he scored 20 or 30 goals, its about 75 goals in 2020 by scoring many great goals. Name me one player who was better 2020 ? You cant ?

Lewandowski doesnt have 75 goals in 2020.
That said, he deserves the award imo.

Home of Barca Fans