9 - Robert Lewandowski

JamDav1982

Likes of Darwin would be infinitely better than Lew has these past couple seasons even if missing chances.. Lewa himself misses a ton but brings absolutely fuck all else.

Darwin causes defences big issues with all the movement would want from a striker.

Tookien

It's become clear now as to what has happened to Lewandowski.

Lewandowski developed a health issue during / following the world cup.

He has recently stated that in 2023 "there was a moment when I felt not only mentally, but also physically weaker" and that he went on to do "physical tests".

This is a clear admission that his health took a 180, and the reasons seem to be unknown.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

He has recently stated that in 2023 "there was a moment when I felt not only mentally, but also physically weaker" and that he went on to do "physical tests".

This is a clear admission that his health took a 180, and the reasons seem to be unknown.
He's just old you nonce, happens all the time to great players. They just don't cut it after a certain age, their body slows down. Not everyone can be a Messi.

Temptation

“In 2023, there was a moment when I felt not only mentally, but also physically weaker. That year, all the bad and negative things seemed to come together in one moment. Everything accumulated,”

“Of course, I also made mistakes. I fell into a kind of current and it took me too long to get out of it, to return to normality, and in football it is not so easy to do it in a week or two weeks.

“During that period I did physical tests and individual training in my free time and it turned out that it all looked good and it also gave me a lot of answers. I could see that I am moving forward physically.

“I can look back and this is an indicator for me that shows me that there are still good times ahead, but in 2023 there was a moment when my spark went out.”

FC B

Thats something that can be improved upon game experience and coaching. True, many great finishers rely on their instinct, which one either has or doesnt have but Darwin can still improve a great deal. He has tons of raw talent.
If Klopp couldn't do much about it I doubt other coaches will be able to make a good finisher out of him.

Temptation

If Klopp couldn't do much about it I doubt other coaches will be able to make a good finisher out of him.
Coaches don't improve anyone's finishing. The players themselves do with practice and natural potential.

Coaches can work on motivation and can improve decision making in the final third with their tactical instructions and formations.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

This would explain a lot, last week i watched some highlights from pre-worldcup time and Lewa's legs looked so much faster + his ball control was way better. One of my favourite Lewa performances:

FC B

Coaches don't improve anyone's finishing. The players themselves do with practice and natural potential.

Coaches can work on motivation and can improve decision making in the final third with their tactical instructions and formations.
Coaches can help with that by showing players tolerance, trust and motivating them to do better in certain regards.

Temptation

Coaches can help with that by showing players tolerance, trust and motivating them to do better in certain regards.
Exactly what I said but you can't coach every single player to turn into a deadly finisher. That's impossible.

All these professionals practice finishing all their lives but only very few actually become elite strikers. It's a combination of skills, instinct, practice, mentality and other factors. Not everybody can improve it.

FC B

Exactly.
Thus I don't trust Darwin to ever improve his finishing as much as to become a good fit for Barca's attack.

Temptation

This would explain a lot, last week i watched some highlights from pre-worldcup time and Lewa's legs looked so much faster + his ball control was way better. One of my favourite Lewa performances:

Prime RL9 was a complete monster. Anywhere in the final third he used to do creative stuff and create a goal threat. Great tricks and flicks to complement his elite Football IQ.

He has declined a lot now and should be used as a pure 9/goalscorer(like old Ronaldo at United).

But I am glad that Barca fans got to see the real Lewy for 4 months atleast. Shame it didn't last longer at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans