9 - Robert Lewandowski

JamDav1982

I would say he's been a mixed bag overall. Certainly not bad, but not very good either. About as expected, possibly a bit under, I can agree with that.

As exepcted if expected him to be leggy, limit team tactically and far too high a cost on books that puts pressure on following seasons he is not playing to a standard for it to be worth.

That is not what many expected when said his transfer made sense.

serghei

I think he will have good numbers this season.

Team will suffer because he does not have legs, and we will need to cover for him in defense.

We will play high pressing and yolo most of the times, so our strikers should score more, and Flick knows him so I think he can score 20 goals in the league alone.

Doubt any our player can score that.

I don't know, 20 goals in the league alone sounds a bit too ambitious for such an old player. This is not the Barca of old to score 5-6 goals in a match so you can stat pad a lot. He'll have to score once every 2 games or better to get there.

vuji_31

I don't know, 20 goals in the league alone sounds a bit too ambitious for such an old player. This is not the Barca of old to score 5-6 goals in a match so you can stat pad a lot. He'll have to score once every 2 games or better to get there.
I belive Xavi is also bad coach and to scared to play offensive modern football.

I dont remeber us creating many chances last season. We were struggling whole season and playing bad.

serghei

I belive Xavi is also bad coach and to scared to play offensive modern football.

I dont remeber us creating many chances last season. We were struggling whole season and playing bad.

He missed a lot of chances last season imo. Was not a good season for Lewa. There were stats that our expected goals was much higher than the actual goals we scored. Especially in the first part of the season.

serghei

According to Understat, Barcelona has the highest cumulative xG in the league, with 39.35. But they have only scored 31 goals, a deficit of more than 8. For comparison, Girona CF have 35.68 xG but 41 goals.

This is from december 2023. If our conversion rate is as shite this season, Lewa is the main one to blame for sure.

Normally, a good attack in terms of scoring efficiency outperforms its xG.

Tookien

He missed a lot of chances last season imo. Was not a good season for Lewa. There were stats that our expected goals was much higher than the actual goals we scored. Especially in the first part of the season.

Yes Lewy was not in form last season. but those stats were misleading.
They weren't really chances, they were "chances". Notice the quotes.
Having watched all of Barcelona's games, I was surprised when I first heard about it.

Masetro10

After this season just let him know he will not play and he will leave for sure. He isn't staying to waste one of his last years. Use those massive wage savings on a good striker. Done

TheStig

Of course he'll reach 55% if he'll be healthy, that's not even a question. He's here until 2026, he also seems to be imune to forcing players out even if he would be the perfect candidate to do that to him.

And no realistic amount of goals is enough to play him with such horrible all round game.

vuji_31

Of course he'll reach 55% if he'll be healthy, that's not even a question. He's here until 2026, he also seems to be imune to forcing players out even if he would be the perfect candidate to do that to him.

And no realistic amount of goals is enough to play him with such horrible all round game.
He is not one who is picking who is starting.

If Laporta says that he can't play and season is finished earlier then we thought no way they will play him.

Home of Barca Fans