9 - Robert Lewandowski

companyofcules

Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the opponent’s path to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction when the ball is not within playing distance of either player.

All players have a right to their position on the field of play; being in the way of an opponent is not the same as moving into the way of an opponent.

Direct free kick
impedes an opponent with contact

indirect free kick
impedes the progress of an opponent without any contact being made

Clear as daylight, free kick for Barcelona.
If I move in your path, you hit me, but doesn't mean is free kick for me.
They need a lawman in the VAR because the refs are stupid or corrupt.

companyofcules

foul or not, if were madrid they would have missed this situation.
If it was Madrid Vini would have dived. Since he had control it's a direct free kick for Real.
But maybe it doesn't matter who has control of the ball and who invades the space to gain control of the ball.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

You just have to take the rough with the smooth with him and accept that there is going to be a hell of a lot of rough like there was today.

We simply don't have any other option. The moment you are desperate for him to be subbed, yet again, he sniffs out another goal ( this time ruled out though). That's the crux of what you are going to get from a 36 year old Lewandowski.

We fucked up in our replacement and substitute option ( Roque ) and now we have no option but to grin and bear it. Pau Victor is a pipe dream.

The only other option is to play Olmo false 9 , Raph on left and Fermin as the 10. But Olmo was glorious as the 10 today, so not ideal either.

Tookien

Good, not great game. He was man marked well.
It's understandable why Rafinha's pass went passed him.

Would have been better if that goal counted.

jamrock

the drama team members and those with their narratives are Clinching real tight right now and i'm not even a lewa fan, but some of the talk was over the top.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

nah he needs to play less than 50% this year so we can say goodbye to him come summer
If we weren't competing that would be preferable but we can win the league this season on top of maybe going far in CL so we need him.

He's also proving his worth in these games and playing very well in the new system.

ajnotkeith

We have ditched the oldies around him. He is surrounded by rather quick and energetic players now.
It's definitely a relevant point, its easier for him to drop some pressing duties and not have to run as much when the whole team is youthful and fast.

The Gundogan Olmo switch looks ideal in that aspect.

serghei

It's definitely a relevant point, its easier for him to drop some pressing duties and not have to run as much when the whole team is youthful and fast.

The Gundogan Olmo switch looks ideal in that aspect.
Ditching Roberto for some La Masia players is based on the same premise.

Also, Lewa tries to do well in the pressing too, he's just not as quick because he is old. I think he ran 10.5 km vs Valencia, that's a lot.

Home of Barca Fans