9 - Robert Lewandowski

jamrock

If he stays fit, which If.

Like I said before, he will score more goals, because the team will be more offense oriented.

25-30 all comps.

He could actually get 30-35.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
This season is what it is, cool. If he scores a lot, even better. But he can't be our main #9 next season, he'll be 38 and isn't he on over 20M gross? It's bad, it's very bad - we can't afford something like that from a sporting and/or economical perspective.

Porque

Why did I think this mofo retired from international football.

It's Poland and you're 60.

This. Not retiring from international football is the bigger issue. It's not like he plays for Porkchop where the rest of the talent might carry him to a trophy.

ajnotkeith

They didn't say lowering the wage specifically but Laporta said that he offered to adjust his contract to help with the signings, I assume that meant deferral or extension or something.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
They didn't say lowering the wage specifically but Laporta said that he offered to adjust his contract to help with the signings, I assume that meant deferral or extension or something.
Laporta said “When he heard that we had to make some efforts to reach the Fair Play to register players, he told us he could lower his contract in order to help the club”. So what can he lower? Cash or time? And I don't think it's time on his contract, so has to be cash, right?
Or yeah, actually could mean deferral also - but than it isn't "lowering" it really...

ajnotkeith

Laporta said “When he heard that we had to make some efforts to reach the Fair Play to register players, he told us he could lower his contract in order to help the club”. So what can he lower? Cash or time? And I don't think it's time on his contract, so has to be cash, right?
Or yeah, actually could mean deferral also - but than it isn't "lowering" it really...
It seems obvious to me that if he had really offered to reduce his wage Laporta would have accepted immediately, and if he didn't, he's being negligent with club finances.

After all, the club has been harassing numerous players to reduce their salaries for a long time now. Maybe he wanted to honour the contract he gave to Lewa, idk. But seems unlikely.

That's why I think it was a deferral that Lewa offered and Laporta didn't accept because it wasn't necessary.

Loki

I think he proposed an extension for one more year and distribute his salary on this extra year. He said it several times he wants to play football until 38 and I think he doesn't want to look for a new club in his last year, so he would gladly extend for one more year. Especially because he and his family love the life in Barcelona unlike Gündogan.
But Laporta and Deco are probably hesitant for now and want to see this season, if Lewy has another good year in him.

ajnotkeith

I think he proposed an extension for one more year and distribute his salary on this extra year. He said it several times he wants to play football until 38 and I think he doesn't want to look for a new club in his last year, so he would gladly extend for one more year. Especially because he and his family love the life in Barcelona unlike Gündogan.
But Laporta and Deco are probably hesitant for now and want to see this season, if Lewy has another good year in him.
I wouldn't mind him as a backup in his later years if the overall money/cap hit is the same. Maybe they agree to extend him with the salary divided. It would be useful to have him in case of injuries in that last year and to play some league games.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't mind Lewa as backup/rotation next season if he keeps at least 80% of his speed, agility etc - but on half the wage in that case. We simply can't go into next season with Lewa as our nr 1 #9. He seems to love Barca and he seems like a good dude, but nah not for +20M at 38.
Laporta and Deco better get to work so have a fresh #9 for next season and no more crazy contracts/wages - we have to finally learn from our mistakes.

Loki

and no more crazy contracts/wages - we have to finally learn from our mistakes.
We have no crazy contracts anymore, Laporta stopped given them out. The last 2 are Frenkie and Lenglet still on Barto's contracts. Lewy and Gündogan were paid according to their worldclass status. One City's captain without a fee, the other one 2 times Fifa player of the year. They wouldn't have come otherwise. The club has a healthy Masa Salarial now and with the Camp Nou, we would be long back to the 1:1 rule.

M3ls

We have no crazy contracts anymore, Laporta stopped given them out. The last 2 are Frenkie and Lenglet still on Barto's contracts. Lewy and Gündogan were paid according to their worldclass status. One City's captain without a fee, the other one 2 times Fifa player of the year. They wouldn't have come otherwise. The club has a healthy Masa Salarial now and with the Camp Nou, we would be long back to the 1:1 rule.
Fati.

And I'm afraid that this story will repeat itself with Yamal.

Mendes is already rubbing his hands.

Home of Barca Fans