9 - Robert Lewandowski

M3ls

If the Yamal family and Mendez ask for big money, we should tell them to go to hell. We must not make previous mistakes.

Iniesta Ultra

Fati.

And I'm afraid that this story will repeat itself with Yamal.

Mendes is already rubbing his hands.

Yamal's built like gumby Imho (Busi not "in my honest opinion" although that's true too), last player I'd be concerned about on Barca unless he's full blown tech addicted off the pitch.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We have no crazy contracts anymore, Laporta stopped given them out. The last 2 are Frenkie and Lenglet still on Barto's contracts. Lewy and Gündogan were paid according to their worldclass status. One City's captain without a fee, the other one 2 times Fifa player of the year. They wouldn't have come otherwise. The club has a healthy Masa Salarial now and with the Camp Nou, we would be long back to the 1:1 rule.
I didn't include "no more crazy money on transfers" - which includes paying 60M for Torres and actually fucking paying Bayern 50M for a 34 year old. Nobody, I mean nobody, pays transfers for player of that age (maybe beside Saudis, but they're not for real). Also, Fati was a naive contract extension - he wasn't all that before the injury and than we gave him 12M AFTER his long injury :rolleyes:

ajnotkeith

I didn't include "no more crazy money on transfers" - which includes paying 60M for Torres and actually fucking paying Bayern 50M for a 34 year old. Nobody, I mean nobody, pays transfers for player of that age (maybe beside Saudis, but they're not for real). Also, Fati was a naive contract extension - he wasn't all that before the injury and than we gave him 12M AFTER his long injury :rolleyes:
Honestly, 50m for Lewa wasn't that bad considering what he's brought the team, he's been a good striker and helped us win a league title.

The main issue with his transfer was the fact that we surrounded him with very old players, as you can't rely on having so many old players, now he's got youth around him he looks better.

But I don't blame the club for the signing. It wasn't bad value.

Andresito

Staff member
At least he's prepared not to play 90 minutes every game.

Robert Lewandowski: "My substitution? I felt discomfort and then there was some pain. I realized that if I risked today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow it could be much worse. For the good of the team and my health, the decision was made to leave the pitch. The season will be very demanding. I could have up to 70 games ahead, so I need to manage my strength and energy wisely." Via @jbatalla7

Fati_Future_BallonDor

At least he's prepared not to play 90 minutes every game.

Robert Lewandowski: "My substitution? I felt discomfort and then there was some pain. I realized that if I risked today, tomorrow or the day after tomorrow it could be much worse. For the good of the team and my health, the decision was made to leave the pitch. The season will be very demanding. I could have up to 70 games ahead, so I need to manage my strength and energy wisely." Via @jbatalla7

Matured Lewy 💯👏

ajnotkeith

Top players ask for a lot of money, it is what it is, at the end of the day it's a profession and players want to be paid their worth on the market.

TemporaryFan

I'd like to believe that RL9 will indeed reestablish his scoring potency with Flick's game plan as it was the case at Bayern back in 2020 when he had the best season ever: the best Footballer of the World, the best football team of the World, arguably the best football manager of the World.
Having said that, the passage of time is a merciless bitch, therefore, I also hope that this is the last season for Robert at the European stage. For the sake of his legacy, in 2025 he should move on to MLS or just retire...
I've seen his last two games for Poland in the Nation Leage...Sorry to report but he was accutly inept. Unfortunately, times of Lewandowski's ability to cook something by himself are long gone. Poland might even been better off playing without him.
Whatever good is left in Lewandowski, it can only be used to the benefit of not a mediocre team...

MontenegrinCuler

I'd like to believe that RL9 will indeed reestablish his scoring potency with Flick's game plan as it was the case at Bayern back in 2020 when he had the best season ever: the best Footballer of the World, the best football team of the World, arguably the best football manager of the World.
Having said that, the passage of time is a merciless bitch, therefore, I also hope that this is the last season for Robert at the European stage. For the sake of his legacy, in 2025 he should move on to MLS or just retire...
I've seen his last two games for Poland in the Nation Leage...Sorry to report but he was accutly inept. Unfortunately, times of Lewandowski's ability to cook something by himself are long gone. Poland might even been better off playing without him.
Whatever good is left in Lewandowski, it can only be used to the benefit of not a mediocre team...
Agree with this, this should be his last season in Europe
He can do well this season, all Barça demands from him is what he knows the best - to score goals, not to miss so many chances provided to him. And there's plenty of players to provide him with good goal opportunities in this Barça team.

Home of Barca Fans