9 - Robert Lewandowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Scoring the most goals alone with not make Lewandowski win the ballon d'OR, neither will Bayern winning the treble, me thinks, but that will definitely make him in the top 3.

I believe currently Lewandowski is a better forward/striker than Ronaldo. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Let's see if Lewandowski will be able to consistently score this many goals not just this season, but the next several seasons.

Yannik

Ballon d'Or is based given to a player's performances during a certain calender year and nothing else. Otherwise, Messi would win every year like someelse said.

And I rather put Lewy over a Cristiano who's only good at poaching goals + penalties but that's an another discussion.

I was talking about reaching the heights of the two in general by quality and talent. Not about the Ballon D'Or for one year.

Why not? Cristiano manage to win two of his last Ballon d'Or because no one was able to produce more goals than him

Because the voters arent going to follow any sort of logic. Its a popularity award. Lewy wont ever have such a harem of fanboys surrounding him, like Messi and Ronaldo do. Even in a bad season, they'd have large parts of their votes already reserved for them. The media has made the Ballon D'Or a duell, and most people will only vote for their favourite here.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Maybe he is not that great at taking PKs? There has to be a reason why Mueller is the No.1 PK taker.

IIRC, he was one of the three guys who regularly took penalties for Dortmund, in his last season he was even their #1 guy, I believe to remember. Also I didn't ever see him miss a penalty. So...

Yannik

Bayern has pretty decent pk takers actually, Müller, Alaba, Vidal, Lewa, Alonso, Ribery, Costa
For some reason though, they are always not playing when Bayern goes into a pk-shootout

R

Ryu Hayabusa

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...came-the-most-prolific-striker-in-Europe.html

one-dimensional and limited ;)

"That's what makes him so good. Lewandowski is a combination of every single kind of forward player. He finds space and can outmuscle defenders like Alan Shearer, has the eye for goal of a Batistuta or (Brazilian) Ronaldo, the quickfeet and vision of Sergio Aguero and links up play like Yaya Toure.

What Lewandowski does so well is all of the most basic of things. He is strong and powerful in the air, which suits being the target man, brilliant on the ball and under pressure in the area; capable of finding that one yard of space he needs to get a shot away, and plays with a vision and understanding of teammates required of a creative number ten."

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Well done on digging out the quotes that suit you.
English press also hailed Bony and Kane just recently as world class. They can't be wrong, eh?
:lol:

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Well done on digging out the quotes that suit you.
English press also hailed Bony and Kane just recently as world class. They can't be wrong, eh?
:lol:

Yeah, ofc Bojan knows best and better than paid sports journalist. Please forgive me my insolence.
All others who took offence by your posting one way or the other, also don't know shit, I take it.

At least you didn't give me another warning for "digging out the quotes that suit me", as you did when I accidentally stumbled upon and dug up your quote about Felix Magath when he took the reigns at Schalke. Thanks for that, I guess :)

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

Off course Lewandowski is a world class striker. He won't score of fancy dribbles but all in all he is very complete for a striker (pace, strength, technique, great shot etc)

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
C'mon, Ryu. Paid sports journalist? That makes them experts? And I thought everyone knew that those guys were a bunch of poets making things up according to their last nights high.

silvia

I was talking about reaching the heights of the two in general by quality and talent. Not about the Ballon D'Or for one year.

Because the voters arent going to follow any sort of logic. Its a popularity award. Lewy wont ever have such a harem of fanboys surrounding him, like Messi and Ronaldo do. Even in a bad season, they'd have large parts of their votes already reserved for them. The media has made the Ballon D'Or a duell, and most people will only vote for their favourite here.

you are insane. Lewandowski is same age as Messi. and he is foward in 4.2.3.1 bayernliga.
Messi even plays like a midfielder, sometimes he did defensive roles in Argentina national team.
he is no where near both of them, especially messi in terms of quality and talent..... yet, if you want to start making him like that with goal scoring stat, Ronaldo was way better in that.
thus comparing that with just goal scoring statistic is just a laugh.
I rate suarez way higher than Lewandowski.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

C'mon, Ryu. Paid sports journalist? That makes them experts? And I thought everyone knew that those guys were a bunch of poets making things up according to their last nights high.

Well, at the Mirror maybe. ;) Those guys have a serious track-record of completely fabricating utter horseshit and selling it as football news. :angry:

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

yet, if you want to start making him like that with goal scoring stat, Ronaldo was way better in that.
thus comparing that with just goal scoring statistic is just a laugh.
I rate suarez way higher than Lewandowski.

I would agree that one should not just compare goal stats. Lewandowski is also great at pressing, maybe even the best prolific but certainly one of the best prolific CF(s) when it comes to defensive-work rate, and is also great at holding and laying-off the ball to his teammates, similar to what Drogba did at Chelsea. Just counting his goals doesn't do him justice.

PS: On the other hand, Ribery was only 3rd during his best season ever in 2013, winning all with Bayern. Penaldo was ahead of him, while actually winning jackshit with Real. Even Messi, who had a pretty horrible season, ridden with injuries. Then, everyone said: yeah, whatever Ribery, those two got GOALZ!!1

Last edited:

Bran the Greenseer

Messi is always in the conversation regardless of the season he's having cause he's the best period. Ronaldo is in the conversation cause he scores a bunch of goals. If Lewa were to continue scoring like this then he'd probably end up overtaking Ronaldo if Ronaldo's decline keeps up (He scored alot in a couple matches but overall I think everyone can agree that his production seems to be going down). I doubt Lewa will ever win a Balon 'dor though. If he were to his best chance would be this season, if he can score more than Messi(since messi is missing alot of games) and win a bunch with Bayern he could win. But then again no one outside of europe would vote for him.

raskolnikov

I would agree that one should not just compare goal stats. Lewandowski is also great at counterpressing, maybe even the best prolific but certainly one of the best prolific CF(s) when it comes to defensive-work rate, and is also great at holding and laying-off the ball to his teammates, similar to what Drogba did at Chelsea. Just counting his goals doesn't do him justice.

PS: On the other hand, Ribery was only 3rd during his best season ever in 2013, winning all with Bayern. Penaldo was ahead of him, while actually winning jackshit with Real. Even Messi, who had a pretty horrible season, ridden with injuries. Then, everyone said: yeah, whatever Ribery, those two got GOALZ!!1

slow down there, Messi had a great season in 2012/13, winning a weak Barca la liga by dominating almost every match and was right on track to break his own 50 goal record easily when he got injured against psg and kept relapsing till the end.
The second part of the calendar year he was injured. Ribery was just pushed forward by the way as a main man for Bayern's succes but in reality it was an amazing team effort, you could have as easily given it to Lahm, Müller, Robben or Neuer imo. And dont forget how Ribery should have been send of in the final and was pretty terrible overall (like Ronaldo the year after).
If its about being the best individual player, Ribery didnt deserve it, if its about being the most key player for the most succesfull team you could make a case for him, criteria are pretty vague since its all in all a popularity award and goalscorers are more popular.
Especially in the Messi vs Ronaldo era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans