9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

If you set your bars that high, you'll never have to take an L :lol:

What was your position on Lewa?

I predicted more than 25 goals in the league, should get there.
KL playing 4D chess and managing expectations. Shocker! :mou:

IIRC he predicted 35 goals initially.....

KingLeo10

If you set your bars that high, you'll never have to take an L :lol:

What was your position on Lewa?

I predicted more than 25 goals in the league, should get there.

I predicted 35 in all comps, but Temptation and I had a back and forth about him possibly scoring close to 50.

No 4D chess from me on this one. Lewa's been exceeding my expectations which were fairly high to begin with.

KingLeo10

Not even joking when I say that this guy might be the greatest 9 in FC Barcelona history.

DwfsHcPX4AEjnXu.jpg

All he did was score golazos all season :lol:

Temptation

DwfsHcPX4AEjnXu.jpg

All he did was score golazos all season :lol:

It's impossible for RL9 to reach R9's international career because of obvious reasons but he has had the better club career.

Nostalgia bias. R9 was very entertaining to watch in his peak though. No other forward comes close in that department.

KingLeo10

It's impossible for RL9 to reach R9's international career because of obvious reasons but he has had the better club career.

Nostalgia bias. R9 was very entertaining to watch in his peak though. No other forward comes close in that department.

I'm not talking about accumulated statistics. Ronaldo was an alien at his peak. Only Messi and Maradona can claim that from the footage I've seen. And supposedly Pele.

Supreme ability on the ball, ice cold (used to round the keeper like it was a Sunday league game and pass the ball into net). Strong as fuck, insanely explosive.

Temptation

I'm not talking about accumulated statistics. Ronaldo was an alien at his peak. Only Messi and Maradona can claim that from the footage I've seen. And supposedly Pele.

Supreme ability on the ball, ice cold (used to round the keeper like it was a Sunday league game and pass the ball into net). Strong as fuck, insanely explosive.

Yeah he looked like the name he was known by- "Fenomeno" on the pitch.

I do believe that he's very overrated in all time debates due to the Nostalgia Bias.

Pele definitely was an Alien on the pitch.

odrzut

I'm Polish and a Lewandowski fanboy but peak Ronaldo was better. Suarez, Benzema, etc - nah. Statwise in Ronaldo times goals were harder to score because tactics was different, and he wasn't a sport freak like Cristiano or Lewandowski so he fucked up his career with injuries. But he was the best striker football has ever seen.

Last edited:

Joan

Yeah he looked like the name he was known by- "Fenomeno" on the pitch.

I do believe that he's very overrated in all time debates due to the Nostalgia Bias.

Pele definitely was an Alien on the pitch.

He isn't among the most prominent names in all time debates only because his didn't last long and his club career is underwhelming for a player of that caliber.

Insane peak though and deserves all the praise he gets. The best striker I have ever seen in his peak.

Temptation

He isn't among the most prominent names in all time debates only because his didn't last long and his club career is underwhelming for a player of that caliber.

Insane peak though and deserves all the praise he gets. The best striker I have ever seen in his peak.

Think you summed it up pretty well overall.

What is your opinion on van Basten? How does he compare to Nazario? Couldn't play Football after 28 and still had 3 B d ors.

Joan

I predicted 35 in all comps, but Temptation and I had a back and forth about him possibly scoring close to 50.

No 4D chess from me on this one. Lewa's been exceeding my expectations which were fairly high to begin with.

Guess he won't play that much in the CDR so depends on how we look in the CL.

With the long history of shocking catastrophes we've been though in that competition, I'm staying cautiously pessimistic. No stat padding in the group phase either. I'd say 35-40 range is realistic if he doesn't suffer any significant injury.

snowy

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/18-best-quotes-ronaldo-zlatan-messi-buffon/

on another level

R10

He was my idol and then I end up playing and winning a World Cup with him. The most complete striker there has ever been, the most complete striker there will ever be,

Messi

Ronaldo was my hero. He was the best striker I?ve ever seen. He was so fast he could score from nothing, and could shoot the ball better than anyone.

GOD

There will never, in my view, be a better player than him? I put up photos of Ronaldo in my room. Ronaldo was the man

'nuff said :coffee:

Home of Barca Fans