9 - Robert Lewandowski

ajnotkeith

I actually can't remember seeing him win a physical battle with a centre-back for some time now. Seems like every direct duel he gets in he gets bullied and never bullies his opposite number, whether speed or strength or anything.
Idk what's happened but this guy was meant to be the physical Adonis. All those muscled up pumped up pictures with veins bulging but it doesn't translate on the field, he looks weak and slow. Regularly pushed around by centre-backs.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Meh, I never actually liked him and he always bottled it when it mattered - never really understood what people saw in him... he had like 1-2 seasons when the balls went his way, but he never impressed me. I was 100% sure he would be a flopp here but didn't want to be a hater and gave him benefit of the doubt. I would try to sell him, but only we are crazy enough to buy a 35-year old player for 50m and give him a 3-4 year contract, it's insane if you think about it lol

BJJ

If so many players rapidly "decline" or become finished shortly after joining Barça even though they were performing well to world-class before, then perhaps it's the underlying shitty system (or lack thereof) that's the problem, rather than the players themselves...
I agree. There are deeper issues here. The whole club culture seems to reek of complacency.

damn

Has there ever been a CL winner with an attacking player past 35 in their lineup?

Closest it's been in 65 years is Drogba and Benzema at 34 I think.

BBZ8800

People got fooled by Cr7, Ibra and Modric who played well in the late age, even though Cr7 and Ibra also declined compared to their former selves.

And suddenly people thought that any 34 year old will be able to play well until the age of 38 or 40 and that it is a new normal thing in the current era.

But, for comparison, this is how Zlatan aged 34 played in a season 2015/16 at Psg.
He scored 38 league goals in 34 matches.
And current La Liga isn't much better or easier than Ligue 1 in those days.
Also, compare how was Zlatan still bullying defenders at the age of 34 compared to our fake Adonis Lewandowski:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah he's not physically imposing at all or at least not showing it so far. Gets bullied by almost every average La Liga CB in duels.

CatalinR10

FuMJZ6BWIAUXsHh

Damn , you would think that with a body like this he would own physically most of the defenders.

Amazing body nonetheless.

ajnotkeith

FuMJZ6BWIAUXsHh

Damn , you would think that with a body like this he would own physically most of the defenders.

Amazing body nonetheless.
I think what it is is in terms of size and frame he isn't that big but just super super low BF so looks jacked in the photos.
Having that bigger boned frame and more fat contributes to the strength of players as well, despite being ripped and lean he isn't all that strong.

Home of Barca Fans