9 - Samuel Eto'o

E

Esteve

Absolutely hopeless tonight. Seriously, he's lucky he gets so many chances with this team! & I'm a big fan of his....

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Lets be honest, thats not different from the rest of the season.

But in such a cagey game, were chances weren't exactly flowing in by the bombload, it's unacceptable. It's not even poor finishing, it was either bad control or movement that completely killled the attacks. Not a good thing when we have games against Chelsea/hopefully CL final/Spanish big 4 coming up. BUT Samu has never really let us down, when he bounces back he bounces back in style. PTC.

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Eto'o gives the ball away to many times and it was evident last night. I just ignore Sport espicially when it comes to player ratings because they are stupid.

beef-supreme

I know it's weird to say this about someone who has already scored over 30 goals in all competitions this season, but Eto'o is overrated. He is a great predator, and he's always in for rebounds, but I'm not so sure that if someone were playing instead of Eto'o in this particular Barcelona team, they wouldn't score more goals. It really is Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and even Henry who produce the goals for Barca, and Eto'o is always there to finish it off. But even so he's not always clinical enough. I think it was in the Champions League winning season of 05-06 that Eto'o was at his finest, not only finishing just as well as he does now, but he was a whole class above himself. Like that goal against Panathinaikos i think it was, when he opened his body up and just put it in from miles out. But he doesn't do that anymore, he doesn't create, and his touch is almost always so sloppy. He misses sitters as well, and it's frustrating sometimes when he tries to dribble. But i still like him very much, and I would love for him to prove me wrong about what i've said. I hope he comes back strong against Getafe!

IraqiCulé

I do agree to a certain extent. Sometimes Eto'o has some seriously woeful misses. HOWEVER, he has come up with some seriously clinical strikes that only the top drawer strikers can come up with when needed most:

[youtube]i10_rVeJ5K8[/youtube]

[youtube]MKiSjRJFueE[/youtube]

[youtube]9tRaLw1p1Zo[/youtube]

[youtube]Z2fwrvvCekk[/youtube]

beef-supreme

I agree with the fact that he has made some crucial contributions (although many of his goals have come when the tie was already decided...), and I love it when he scores. And he does score heaps as well. It's just that sometimes i think that he's very wasteful, and when he gets the ball and is not in a position to shoot, he usually loses it if he attempts to dribble. I do appreciate his back-tracking though, but what i mean to say is that I don't think he would excel in another top-tier team. Perhaps 2-4 years ago he would have, but not anymore. It's weird to criticise a striker who does exactly what his job is, and that is to score. But perhaps not when we think about this particular Barca, which creates hundreds of chances.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Has anyone noticed those gigantic Barça player look a likes that are blown up when Barcelona scores?

2sbwwag.jpg

Well, during the Lyon game, I saw that one of them has a crush on Eto'o:

2h5thco.gif

:rofl1:

Home of Barca Fans