9 - Samuel Eto'o

alexjanosik

The Game
Dont worry GJ, i like this guy but he also said iniesta hasnt been that good this season. So, draw your own conclusions!

I gave you my reasons then as to why I think Iniesta has underachieved this season.
All you and the other guys could come up with were was Iniesta is one of the best players in the world.

Indeed.Just today there was another guy who said that if Xavi is top 5 in the world then Iniesta is definitely top 5.Without providing any sort of argument to back it up.Same as last time when you and I had that debate.

I have noticed that on this forum all of the members tend to agree on all things.
A member goes on to express an opinion like 'Iniesta is top 5 in the world'.
Others all join in and shout likewise.
This is a forum where discussions and disagreements should take place.
Unfortunately very little actual debate takes place.How can an actual debate take place when everyone agrees on everything.
There is also a tendancy to overestimate Barcelona players.
I believe that I raised a valid point when I pointed out that Eto'o misses a lot of chances, tends to score most of his goals when we score 5-0,6-0 romps( anyone is welcome to contradict me) .

Instead you try to make a snide remark.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I gave you my reasons then as to why I think Iniesta has underachieved this season.
All you and the other guys could come up with were was Iniesta is one of the best players in the world.

Indeed.Just today there was another guy who said that if Xavi is top 5 in the world then Iniesta is definitely top 5.Without providing any sort of argument to back it up.Same as last time when you and I had that debate.

I have noticed that on this forum all of the members tend to agree on all things.
Unfortunately very little actual debate takes place.How can an actual debate take place when everyone agrees on everything.
I believe that I raised a valid point when I pointed out that Eto'o misses a lot of chances, tends to score most of his goals when we score 5-0,6-0 romps( anyone is welcome to contradict me) .

And what do you do?

Iniesta is in the top 5
- no he is not
Yes he is
- No, he doesn't do enough.

:icon_neutral:

Frikkin start the discussion if you want one. If everyone agrees, why should I start a discussion. You are the disagreeing party, go for it.

X.A.U

The Special One

I agree with some of what you said on Eto'o but disagree on Iniesta. I don't know if he is top 5 over all player, but I'm sure he is top 5 winger/attacking midfielder. Can you name better 5 on this position? It will make more sense.

p.s I agree also, majority (not all) on this forum tend to agree on many things.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I will discuss on the Iniesta page.
But I do agree with you on Eto'o, at least some things you've said.

He should have score 40 by now + he needs to go stand up if he wants a new contract. The last months haven't been up to standards. But if he proves himself in the coming weeks, I'm cool with Eto'o.

alexjanosik

The Game
I agree with some of what you said on Eto'o but disagree on Iniesta. I don't know if he is top 5 over all player, but I'm sure he is top 5 winger/attacking midfielder. Can you name better 5 on this position? It will make more sense.

p.s I agree also, majority (not all) on this forum tend to agree on many things.

There is very little actual discussion on this forum and it is a fact.
I have named five better midfielders than Iniesta with my reasons on the Iniesta page.

thierry14henry

Exactly what I feel!

But on a different topic

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
Alex, everyone agreed on the Eto'o front - just not that he doesn't score crucial goals, which he does, which we backed up with facts. The Iniesta thing is a totally different discussion. But ANYWAY, moving on, who do you think we bring in to help cover striker? Considering Henry is rarely played solo CF and Bojan still isn't quite good enough? As much as I like K9 I can't help feeling he's a bit of a gamble, untested in a big league, young and inexperienced etc,etc.

alexjanosik

The Game
David Villa is the ideal replacement.The sale of Eto'o should be enough to purchase Villa.
If not Villa I would like us to go for Mario Gomez(not a popular choice I know but it is who I would prefer)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Latest news say: Eto is rejecting any talk of transfer offers and is hoping for extension with Barca

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Honestly, if they want samuel to stay in Barca (come on, the board should know it by now), they should just start serious talks immediately. This would boost his confidence which is important in the coming weeks.

Home of Barca Fans