9 - Samuel Eto'o

il pepe

Still i think he hasn't had a great season.
He scored a lot, but i wonder what a player like Villa would have scored, with the Barca team to supply him.
Eto'o is to easily out marked lately.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
i've had it with him. i love the guy but he is performing like crap and then taking the cup for the photos:thumbdown:

bojan's goal, how sad. the kid didn't even want to pass to a lonely sammy

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I think his movement is still fantastic, he pulls people all over the shop. But if we could get someone in who can finish better and hold the ball up more effectively (David Villa for exampe) then it's probably for the best we get them. Or maybe if he does stay start playing Bojan as first choice and get the man motivating himself to swap his lead boots for ones with a better touch.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don`t know what`s happening with Eto. He cannot convert the easiest opportunities and I really didn`t like his behavior after the final whistle. Acting bossy and taking the trophy with himself there. :thumbdown:

karthik

Im amazed to see people starting to doubt etoo.We should appreciate the hard work Eto'o is putting in He was working his arse off yest night, nah most of the matches

The only reason Eto'o has had the suck is because he is too proud to ask for a break and Pep's too naive to give him one

beef-supreme

Im amazed to see people starting to doubt etoo.We should appreciate the hard work Eto'o is putting in He was working his arse off yest night, nah most of the matches

The only reason Eto'o has had the suck is because he is too proud to ask for a break and Pep's too naive to give him one

We all appreciate the hard work that he is putting in, but he is not capable of doing his job the way it should be done, and that is why people criticise him. His touch is horrid and he has lost all of his cutting edge, and it should always be a case of club before player. If Eto'o continues to underperform, as he has done for so long now (and mind you, of all the goals he scored, hardly any of them were beyond accidental bounce-ins and half-yard tap-ins, which another player could also finish) then he has to go, no matter what he has done in the past.

X.A.U

The Special One
it's good to know many of you value the club above the players! A definition of a true cule! The problem with keeping eto'o for next season and subbing him or start another player above him is what is expected of him in term of his attitude in the dressing room. We know what happened between him and Rijkaard when the later decided to play him as a sub cuz he underperformed, it was a mess and all over the news. I always blamed few factors for losing 06/07 liga title, and one of them was Eto'o attitude.

maz

I walk the line
I think his movement is still fantastic, he pulls people all over the shop. But if we could get someone in who can finish better and hold the ball up more effectively (David Villa for exampe) then it's probably for the best we get them. Or maybe if he does stay start playing Bojan as first choice and get the man motivating himself to swap his lead boots for ones with a better touch.

Well said. The workrate villa puts in is nothing like what eto'o puts in. You described it perfectly when u said eto'o pulls defenders all ove the place. He really stretches the opposition defence. I understand he is our main striker but you dont get as many chances as he had last night (and practically every game) if you have completely lost it. Strikers that are really shot are ones that are invisible in games. Touch the ball twice and thats it. I think there is a ~40% possibility that if we keep him he will refind his form. Everything in his game is still there except his finishing. And you dont just lose that finishing. Having said that is 40% the kind of probability you gamble on? I wouldnt put the copa, league title, and champions title on the line for a 40% probability of success. You need someone that will score goals. Villa is that man.

Home of Barca Fans