9 - Samuel Eto'o

BlaugranaGirl

I am losing patience with him at the moment. When we've really needed him in these big matches, he's been virtually anonymous.

gazza

We should have BoM -> Bad man of the match...not really PTC but when you have stats on the worst performances perhaps we could argument easier to let go of a player
Bom = Bum of the Match

Wonder if you would have said that if it had been Messi ? he wasn't exactly brilliant last night was he.
Chelsea denied us space Eto'o played with his back to goal most of the night,come on why are some people slagging our players off.
We have got to the CL final without playing our best, Eto'o will be the best thing since sliced bread if he scores the winner in the final.

beef-supreme

Eto'o has many problems with ball control, but he did sacrifice himself in other terms of football. Namely, he constantly helped our midfield putting pressure, plus sometimes he even came back to defence. He ran a lot and thus I cannot say he had an overall bad game. Yes he didn't produce anything in offence, but was a huge help in terms of defending, especially when Abidal got sent off for recklessness.

Yes but ultimately Eto'o is a striker, not a defender, and he hasn't been fulfilling his duties.

gazza

Over the two legs none of our strikers have fullfilled there duties why is Eto'o getting picked out ? like i said he had no space whatsoever to work in Chelsea's tactics saw to that.

beef-supreme

Over the two legs none of our strikers have fullfilled there duties why is Eto'o getting picked out ? like i said he had no space whatsoever to work in Chelsea's tactics saw to that.

It's not just about the 2 legs though, it's not just the CL - he's been shocking in the league too. Even if he scores it's usually an unclean goal, and he is miles, miles off his '06 self. I don't think he'll ever get back there.

gazza

It's not just about the 2 legs though, it's not just the CL - he's been shocking in the league too. Even if he scores it's usually an unclean goal, and he is miles, miles off his '06 self. I don't think he'll ever get back there.

Yeah i agree he wont get back to that level and i honestly don't think he'll be here next year.
Villa will be here hopefully.

MinaFCB

he said that Pep sometimes doesnt sleep because he wants to prepare match well...
He said that Pep is very important part of this team,players just train and play and he spends hours and night preparing for mathces.He said that there are also those who preapre videos,clean their trainers,take care of grass,they are all poart of the team.He believes that Barca is very close to a dream becoming reality.
He said an very important part of that story against chelsea was when Terry came into the changing room.And thinks that Terry deserves credit for that.
He claims that he understands Drogba's reaction because it's part of football.
He said he believed that Barca would score a goal
"We played our game,sometimes we win with more goals,but that one shot saved us this time.Chelsea knew that with our goal they'd be out,till the last second i believed"
He also talked about Bojan being sub often
"He is close to winning CL,Copa and Liga at this age ,it's something only few can reach.He has to think about present and future will come.He has everything.He needs to stay calm and enjoy,it's not easy to be in the best team of the world.It's a privilege which you have to deserve and you have to enjoy.I see him being satisfied"
"I really dont care about being pichichi or not.It's victory that matters now ,i dont care if i score or not,it's all same to me."
"Team is going well in 3 competitions and it would be nice if we could win all"

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Finally scored. And even that was a tap-in. No signs of improvement really. As I said on the chat, I´d rather see Bojan score such an easy goal than the guy whose future in FCB is uncertain

Home of Barca Fans