9 - Samuel Eto'o

R

Red Devil

Where was he against Chelsea where was he against us last season Eto is a player for the smaller games .

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
you said the attack made more fouls than the defense

well, what kind of fouls? i think you mean the type where the other team is starting to build up. otherwise it wuold be easy to make more fouls as an attacker than a defender

maz

I walk the line
I dont understand.

Im talking about the kind of foul where the referee blows the whistle and gives a freekick. The forwards have committed more fouls than our defenders...implying that they are getting stuck in. A defence often concedes lots of fouls because lets say they try to make 40 tackles in a game, 10 may be given as fouls. While attacks for most teams go in for about 10 tackles, and 5 may be given as fouls. However at fcb the attackers go in for lots more tackles than for other teams. So the fact that they concede more freekicks than the defence implies that they are going in for a ton of tackles. Which means they are pressuring the opposition from the front.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
yeah i agree about the pressure but the attack makes also attacking fouls. something which defenders rarely will do. so fouls when in possession if you like. therefore it's a bit unfair to compare the total of fous with eachother

shadows

Where was he against Chelsea where was he against us last season Eto is a player for the smaller games .

haha.....To name a few off the top of my head...He scored in the Champions league final 2006...and he scores always against real Madrid...Man Utd and Chelsea arent the only big teams around !

Last edited:
R

Red Devil

haha.....To name a few off the top of my head...He scored in the Champions league final 2006...and he scores always against real Madrid...Man Utd and Chelsea arent the only big teams around !

Well see may 27th the man plays well in games and in others where the hell is he .

I couldnt remember if he scored in the final in 2006 but now I think of it it was a good Barca move to make the goal and he caught it at either the near or far post didnt he.

Zqa-

Well see may 27th the man plays well in games and in others where the hell is he .

I couldnt remember if he scored in the final in 2006 but now I think of it it was a good Barca move to make the goal and he caught it at either the near or far post didnt he.

Near post.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Beckham's face at 1:36. :lol:

But wow, if you see what Eto'o does nowadays on the pitch. what a huuuuuge difference

maz

I walk the line
yeah i agree about the pressure but the attack makes also attacking fouls. something which defenders rarely will do. so fouls when in possession if you like. therefore it's a bit unfair to compare the total of fous with eachother

Ok i understand now. Well...i dont think the forwards make many fouls when we are in possession. I cant even remember a single incident where that happens..but even if we put it at 1 per game i dont think it would affect the numbers much.

Home of Barca Fans