Abde Ezzalzouli

JamDav1982

If freaking Adama with 0 end product and brains was useful for us, Abde can be as well. Much higher ceiling
Adama wa useful when Barca had few wingers and no pace and even then looked very limited and out of place by time decision came to sign him.

Adama would get nowhere near this Barca squad.

JamDav1982

Barca without Dembele has zero wingers with dribbling ability right now as well. Abde and Yamal can add that.

Abde was a dribbler when Barca had worse wingers than now and wasnt much of a fit.

His dribbling is hit or miss and doesnt result to date in chances created or goal scoring chances really.

Could be wrong and maybe he matures quickly but if stays would need to add a lot to his game to be of much use.

Porque

He's a better player than the last time he was here though.

Reckon he may still go on loan. Xavi is not going to give him many minutes this start of LaLiga.

Once everyone is registered we are going to start looking at things a bit clearer and get active in the market for that RB, which may require another exit.

Saladin

It seems most people are 'sleeping' on Abde; Not in here only, but in general. He was the star player of the U23 Africa Cup of Nations (given, not the BEST tournament in the world, albeit a professional tournament) and he showed glimpses of brilliance for an underwhelming Osasuna.
His skillset is also very hard to find in this day and age, taking on defenders with speed, excellent technique and dribling and creating chaos down the flanks.
I could definitely see him evolving and reaching the heights of a Mahrez, Sterling etc if he was given minutes and guidance on how to become a more polished player (better end product, vision and decision making).

Morocco has so many great players lately, man. And we might be rocking the two best in the future in Abde and Yamal.

Andresito

Staff member
Morocco has so many great players lately, man. And we might be rocking the two best in the future in Abde and Yamal.
Bit of a stretch to call Yamal Moroccan when only his father is from there and he himself is born and raised in Barcelona.

Nazario1985

Bit of a stretch to call Yamal Moroccan when only his father is from there and he himself is born and raised in Barcelona.
Well his father being Moroccan is a HUGE reason for it, and he was raised in a Morrocan culture with his father and aunts all around him
He has the Moroccan passeport.
He displayed many times that he is Moroccan (pictures with the flag / NT shirts ...etc)
So what's the problem of him being called a Moroccan ?

Andresito

Staff member
Well his father being Moroccan is a HUGE reason for it, and he was raised in a Morrocan culture with his father and aunts all around him
He has the Moroccan passeport.
He displayed many times that he is Moroccan (pictures with the flag / NT shirts ...etc)
So what's the problem of him being called a Moroccan ?
Nah it's fine with him having Moroccan heritage.
I'd mainly say he's Spanish when talking about him in a football manner, because he's born, raised and represents Spain.

Other examples of my point:
There's still consensus that only one African (Weah) won Ballon d'Or. Nobody claims Benzema was the second African winner, even if he got Algerian roots.
And nobody would say "the greatest Bosnian player of all time played for Barca in 2009".

Just sounds weird. I understand you're proud he's got Moroccan blood in him tho.

Horatio

You're welcome
Nah it's fine with him having Moroccan heritage.
I'd mainly say he's Spanish when talking about him in a football manner, because he's born, raised and represents Spain.

Other examples of my point:
There's still consensus that only one African (Weah) won Ballon d'Or. Nobody claims Benzema was the second African winner, even if he got Algerian roots.
And nobody would say "the greatest Bosnian player of all time played for Barca in 2009".

Just sounds weird. I understand you're proud he's got Moroccan blood in him tho.
That's because Benzema has opted to represent France.
If Lamine chooses Morocco(which he likely holds the option of) he will be referred to as a Moroccan player having won Balon Dor(if he does) regardless of having been born in Spain and of mixed heritage.

Home of Barca Fans