Abde Ezzalzouli

Gnidrologist

He's moroccan. There's no reason to be ashamed of ones own race and ethnicity. None-white people know that and often publicly take pride in their heritage. Spain probably has better football schooling though, so when thinking of Yamal, that needs to be considered. He's a product of spanish/catalan academia.

Nazario1985

Nah it's fine with him having Moroccan heritage.
I'd mainly say he's Spanish when talking about him in a football manner, because he's born, raised and represents Spain.

Other examples of my point:
There's still consensus that only one African (Weah) won Ballon d'Or. Nobody claims Benzema was the second African winner, even if he got Algerian roots.
And nobody would say "the greatest Bosnian player of all time played for Barca in 2009".

Just sounds weird. I understand you're proud he's got Moroccan blood in him tho.

Huge difference when you talk about Algeria and other countries.
Your talking about literally a once part of France that didn't exist before, so the people here in France with Algerian origins are seen completely different than a middle eastern or Tunisian/Moroccan.
Also i think He will end up representing Moroccan Senior NT like Zyech and others represented European NT U17 both ended up switching

OVI9323

It seems most people are 'sleeping' on Abde; Not in here only, but in general. He was the star player of the U23 Africa Cup of Nations (given, not the BEST tournament in the world, albeit a professional tournament) and he showed glimpses of brilliance for an underwhelming Osasuna.
His skillset is also very hard to find in this day and age, taking on defenders with speed, excellent technique and dribling and creating chaos down the flanks.
I could definitely see him evolving and reaching the heights of a Mahrez, Sterling etc if he was given minutes and guidance on how to become a more polished player (better end product, vision and decision making).

Morocco has so many great players lately, man. And we might be rocking the two best in the future in Abde and Yamal.

He's unpredictable but something that scare me a llitle bit is that like dembele, he seems to not have an end result and even if he does a good play, the last pass or Shot is seems like underwhelming.. I hope it will get better with time but we all know that this is more frequent that a player will not higly improve and keep on doing the mistakes, so I hope for him it will get better but for now it's not enough to be a top player

Devils

One of the worst players I have ever seen.

Says a lot when even the likes of Munir, Sandro, Carles Perez, Tello looked levels ahead of this guy at Barca.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Horrorshow performance. I was surprised that he was Xavi's first pick to freshen things up tbh. Ferran no minutes after a great pre-season as well

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He can be useful but not in these type of games when opposition sits back.

Great speed but poor decision making.

Home of Barca Fans