Adama Traore

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They do, Sanches comes to mind, and Coutinho and James for the wages and loan fees were also not great. But an important difference is that Bayern never really has these blunders on transfers that "desperately needed" to be good. Like Sanches flopped hard, but still they didn't indebt themselves to afford his signing and also him not working out affects the starting eleven little since he was just meant to be a prospect that might in the future enhance the squad.

Bayern never lost a key player and then brought in a replacement for a lot of money who carries the hopes of the world and then flops.

Lothar Matth?us: "As long as Neuer, M?ller and Lewandowski are playing there will be no different champion."
The last ones of Bayern old guard are getting old and while there are still some great players at the club its not the same as 5-10 years ago with Robben, Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger and those 3 all there. They might be better than in the 2000s, but I too think they will not remain with the oil clubs internationally and (at least) also loose a couple league seasons again.

Sure, I agree the startling contrast and difference between Bayern and us and some other clubs is that Bayern never spent/bet big on transfers, they never put all the eggs in one or a few baskets, they rather replace them with several lower profile players (relatively) than splash their money on one or two "super stars" like we did with Dembele, Coutinho and later Griezmann when Neymar left, hence the prudence part. But my original point was also trying to debunk the myth and notion believed by some that Bayern somehow hardly makes mistakes in transfers and their scouts are always right etc.

I am not sure about Bayern losing a couple of league seasons, at least not any time soon, I still think any challengers such as Dortmund etc. are still far away from them. But I do think with players everywhere, including those in Germany demanding top wages and Bayern will find it harder to acquire and retain players, even German ones as the market will get even more competitive than today.

CanadianCanadian

Think he would do well as a RWB. Provides us the pace and physicality and if Xavi plays with Eric Pique Araujo it takes pressure off our backline. His strengths are his dribbling, pace, and strength. He has no end product so better to keep him further from goal but allow him to open up space and lanes for our other players.

Masetro10

To me it is pretty obvious that he will play the Prime Dani Alves type role. Play as a winger with the ball and use his speed to recover as a wing back. Could be devastating on the right side. Allows the Right winger to play inverted.

Let's see if that happens. Because who knows when Xavi is out here playing Nico as a winger half of every game.

Porque

To me it is pretty obvious that he will play the Prime Dani Alves type role. Play as a winger with the ball and use his speed to recover as a wing back. Could be devastating on the right side. Allows the Right winger to play inverted.

Let's see if that happens. Because who knows when Xavi is out here playing Nico as a winger half of every game.

Isnt he a bit like Abde defensively, that he switches off for a second letting the other teams offense to get away from him.

Dont think that can be trained and not by Xavi.

He's here as coverage for offense so we dont need to rely on Dembele staying or not. And if Wolves decide to buy Trincao, then we will sign Adama. Thats my guess anyways on how this will work.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

He's a great dribbler and will beat many 1v1, that's the key asset he brings to Xavi's Barca as we have no one in the squad who can do that consistently. His dribbling numbers have been known in Europe for a few years now. He doesn't need to be a clinical finisher, he needs to open space and draw defenders to provide scoring options to others. Just like when he was with Juvenil A when Munir was grabbing headlines, it was Adama who was constantly opening the pitch up

Wolves played counter attacking football so they never were an offensive team, Adama had to do most of this on his own which reflects poor conversion or low assists. This will not be the case with Barca

Again, it is a low cost option for a 6 month audition when we have zero consistent wingers much less available on the market - considering he is one of our own and will seamlessly fit into the locker room & style of play, it's a genius acquisition. I like Abde & Ilias but they have struggled to maintain consistency at this level which is understandable considering their age & inexperience. Luis Diaz would've been fantastic but we simply don't have the money to pull off a deal like that atm

Messi983

He's 26 and has some deadly flaws as BBZ would say, don't think even Pep could improve him much at this point of his career. If I'd have to choose between Adama and Trincao I would still choose the Portuguese longterm. He's 4 years younger and has more upside to work with. People will say he's too slow for a winger but I don't think so. Yeah he doesn't have the same explosivness/acceleration than likes of Dembele/Adama but has decent speed overall and can dribble past his opponents which is all that really matters imo. Still no end product in his game but I'd say it's much more likely he'll develop that over the years than Adama would.

There were some initial reports yesterday that Adama has accepted a minimal wage for next 6 months (similar to Alves) and will be compensated for that in coming years after we buy him. He's on around 2,7m at Wolves (not sure if net or gross though) so for half of the season we'd probably save around 1,1m. If that's true I'll never badmouth someone who has accepted a pay cut to join Barca (especially this current team) but just don't think he can offer us much. Can probably have similar production (or lack thereof, lol) than Dembele for much cheaper if we manage to offload him or if he'll be send to the stands (which would be stupid imo but that's another thing) for next 6 months but don't think Adama should be bought or swapped for Trincao.

MTL_Barca

He's 26 and has some deadly flaws as BBZ would say, don't think even Pep could improve him much at this point of his career. If I'd have to choose between Adama and Trincao I would still choose the Portuguese longterm. He's 4 years younger and has more upside to work with. People will say he's too slow for a winger but I don't think so. Yeah he doesn't have the same explosivness/acceleration than likes of Dembele/Adama but has decent speed overall and can dribble past his opponents which is all that really matters imo. Still no end product in his game but I'd say it's much more likely he'll develop that over the years than Adama would.

There were some initial reports yesterday that Adama has accepted a minimal wage for next 6 months (similar to Alves) and will be compensated for that in coming years after we buy him. He's on around 2,7m at Wolves (not sure if net or gross though) so for half of the season we'd probably save around 1,1m. If that's true I'll never badmouth someone who has accepted a pay cut to join Barca (especially this current team) but just don't think he can offer us much. Can probably have similar production (or lack thereof, lol) than Dembele for much cheaper if we manage to offload him or if he'll be send to the stands (which would be stupid imo but that's another thing) for next 6 months but don't think Adama should be bought or swapped for Trincao.

Pretty sure Trincao is a goner either way. Barto signing, not playing that well at Wolves, expendable but also one of the few players that can generate some income this summer.

Wouldn't suprise me if this whole thing is a deal with Mendes to secure a) a winger for the rest of the season on very low cost (probably couldn't register him otherwise) and b) Wolves buying Trincao to not get him back and potentially be stuck and eventually having to loan him out again. Normally Barca should come out ahead financially there so hopefully no straight 30M for 30M swap that would be pretty terrible imo, even if Wolves did us a favor by loaning him in winter that doesn't make up for the contract running out in 2023.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Deadly flaws is an understatement. Outside of dribbling he quite simply speaking does not know how to play football. Even as a niche "utility" player for a Championship team like Middlesbrough he was not good enough. Wolves thought they could make something out of him, used him to simply sprint during counters and even then he was still not good enough. I'd say out of the 50 chances he would create by bulldozing defenses with his speed only 3 were legitimate, and those were mostly flukes.

He was barely scraping by in Wolves, now imagine him in a team that prides itself in intricate plays and passing. Dembele who's 10x the player he is struggles here, imagine just how it's going to go for Adama Traore?

This transfer makes absolutely 0 sense even as a short term loan. It would make more sense if Xavi was about to implement Nuno Santos' counter attacking style but we all know that's not going to happen.

I just don't understand why this move is being made, out of all the wingers in Europe. Why not go for a loan from that kid at Manchester United? The dozens of young wingers in ligue 1, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany...?

It's completely braindead. The scouting and transfer department lacks imagination.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Yet Trincao barely plays vs Adama at Wolves

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is going to destroy La Liga fullbacks with his physicality and add quality to this team. Has not played for an attacking team since Barca B. At least he is entertaining to watch and good enough for a top-4 finish rotation option. Let?s see what he brings and then think about whether we need him to stay

Joan

It will come down to Barca being able to choose if they want Adama or Trincao in the summer. And that might not be the worst of things.

Home of Barca Fans