Adama Traore

gregorrin10

He's definitely a player we should sign after the loan is up, dembele replacement locked & loaded.

I mean sure, but we still need a bonafide starter, a left footed one by chance. Antony or Raphinha would be pretty good. But we obviously won't be able to afford any of them this summer, if we're going all in for Haaland, which I do think is the right decision this year, cause Haaland won't be available for years to come afterwards. And sorting out our defense is obviously higher priority this year as well.

But that doesn't change the fact that in 2023 we then gotta sort out the RW starter problem. Like you said, Adama is the Dembele replacement, but for me that's literally. Better as a sub and with limited game time than a guaranteed starter. Like serghei mentioned, that starter role is fine for La Liga standards, but not good enough for the CL, especially if we wanna be serious contenders again. He can still be a great impact sub to have in the CL though, so he's still useful in any case for sure.

Would be nice to maybe negotiate that option to buy down to 20M, cause I do fear us buying him could harm us in our ability to close other, more important transfers. But like Donak already mentioned, as long as it doesn't, I'm fine with us paying the 30M too.

FinBarcelonafan

For sure. Sometimes I feel he doesn't realize how fast he is and how he has a lot of space when he's past his man can run all the way and try score

Exactly. Today happened and I have seen it in other games too. He doesn't have confidence to score goals.

If he runs to net, he would cause more trouble than passing or running into corner. He could get a red card or score some funky goal. Either way, something better than he is getting now.

He needs to trust himself more and be a bit selfish.

Joan

Useful player who makes things happen as soon as he’s on the pitch. Hit and miss but plenty of excitement and also works hard. One to keep.

Iniesta Ultra

He rarely gets the support he needs in long dribbles especially through the middle where he covers a ton of ground. Think he's losing faith somewhat reasonably in Torres for a final pass.

Porque

The team is better with Adama than Dembele. But for sure, Dembele has that extra special level that we so rarely see.

If we take in isolation his age, performances and output since arriving then he is a 25-30m player. But perhaps not the 25-30m we need to spend this summer given our limitations.

So hopefully we work something out with Wolves and Trincao because Traore is giving us alot of utility.

Dammie10

This guy makes great choices so far at keeping the ball in possession. Rarely see him picking a wrong pass or the wrong person. Mostly the one who has the space. That?s something that i noticed from the start and makes him reliable. Good in small spaces with his technique to not loose the ball. Gives a more safe feeling than Dembele and goes past him opponent more times. Should be a starter

JohnN

Him and Dembele could play on opposite sides in my opinion. Torres could play on the middle if he has his finishing sorted and we are set.

Bobo32

Don't care how one dimensional he is or whatever. He makes things happen on his own.

He is more one-dimensional than I would have thought, and that's the key to why he has been playing so great.
He is faster than anyone, and is a good dribbler, he is playing perfectly when ONLY attempting to dribble and cross first chance or otherwise play very safely - then on top of that he is good enough to solve a lot of difficult situations nicely when he HAS to. I think he has been spectacular in this limited role, and I think it's a shame that he didn't play more.

Horatio

You're welcome
He is more one-dimensional than I would have thought, and that's the key to why he has been playing so great.
He is faster than anyone, and is a good dribbler, he is playing perfectly when ONLY attempting to dribble and cross first chance or otherwise play very safely - then on top of that he is good enough to solve a lot of difficult situations nicely when he HAS to. I think he has been spectacular in this limited role, and I think it's a shame that he didn't play more.

He got rested.

jamrock

Didn't play more how?

Bobo32

Don't think he is rested, but Dembele is being phased in and taking the spot even though he is worse.

JamDav1982

Fairly simple.. Dembele won his place with how he played off bench v Bilbao and most likely lost it again with how played v Elche.

Home of Barca Fans