Adriano Correia Claro

Indignado

He's not demanding too much. Last thing I heard was that he wants to accept Barça's wage offer but wants an extra contract year in return.

That's like demanding a higher salary, he knows exactly that he won't earn as much after his new contract expires so he wants an additional year with the current salary.

Stric

That's like demanding a higher salary, he knows exactly that he won't earn as much after his new contract expires so he wants an additional year with the current salary.

I didn't interpret it that way. I thought he wanted an extra extension year? That way he the extra year would be paid at the new rate?

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
So hope we can still get some money for him! Hope he gets sold, just like some others. Holding on to players due to emotional reasons or whatever makes us weaker, not stronger. His goal vs Atleti showed his skills, but he just rarely showcases them. Not Barca quality imo...

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
So hope we can still get some money for him! Hope he gets sold, just like some others. Holding on to players due to emotional reasons or whatever makes us weaker, not stronger. His goal vs Atleti showed his skills, but he just rarely showcases them. Not Barca quality imo...

Agreed.

As unfortunate as it sounds, his return (both off and on the pitch) compared to his wages has decreased significantly over the course of this season.

In other terms, his equity capital has gone below the acceptable investment threshold needed for the fund to generate any considerable profit for its shareholders :D

Stric

Not Barca quality? Nobody's saying he should be a starter.he's got more than enough quality to be a squad/rotational player. He's also obviously agreed to someehat lower wages (if he gets an extra year), so apart from his injuries, I don't see the problem.

Indignado

Not Barca quality? Nobody's saying he should be a starter.he's got more than enough quality to be a squad/rotational player. He's also obviously agreed to someehat lower wages (if he gets an extra year), so apart from his injuries, I don't see the problem.

An extra year is like demanding a pay rise because he knows after the next contract he won't earn as much anymore due to his age. I already said this but I think I didn't express it correctly so people didn't understand me. And I think he is Barça quality but only as left back.

Stric

An extra year is like demanding a pay rise because he knows after the next contract he won't earn as much anymore due to his age. I already said this but I think I didn't express it correctly so people didn't understand me. And I think he is Barça quality but only as left back.

IF you interpret it that way (we already had this discussion on the previous page, I think), it wouldn't be like a pay rise, but rather a continuation of his current wages. But anyway, I don't think that's correct. I think the entire point was that he was agreeing to an extension with lower wages, but wants an extra year added to that extension. Nothing else makes sense. What you're saying is that he's asking for his current contract (which expires in June 2014) to be a year longer, than have an extra extension year until 2015. Any extension of his current contract demands new contract being signed (even if all the contents are the same), so I think that the situation is that he agrees to the lower wages, but wants a longer extension. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether his current wages stay the same until his current contract expires, even if he signs an extension now. I think so. A new contract with a wage cut would probably only affect the extended period, not his current contract.

Home of Barca Fans