Adriano Correia Claro

Indignado

Let's assume they want him to sign for 3 years at 5 millions but he wants 4 years, that means 1 year more with the new salary. After those 4 years he signs another contract with even lower wages (let's say 3m) because he's already 33 then and they don't wanna pay him as much. That means he has an additional year at 5m instead of 3m.

Stric

Oh, that's what you were talking about. I understand it now, and in theory you are correct. But again, I don't agree with that logic, because your entire theory is based around the assumption that he'll get another extension after this one. If he doesn't, then your salary-increase theory is incorrect again. I doubt he'd get another extension at age 31-32 or whatever (IF he gets a 3-4 year extension, which I also think is unlikely). The fact that we're having so much trouble even with signing this extension only supports the theory that this is likely his last contract.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Problem is, if we sell him we'll need yet another player + 1 goalkeeper, 1 winger/forward and a CB. That's 4 players! AND, we don't even play Montoya - who knows why? We need to build this team from the back - goalkeeper, CB + fullback/CB. Neymar and this whole circus takes valuable effort from strengthening the team where it is most needed.

Stric

Problem is, if we sell him we'll need yet another player + 1 goalkeeper, 1 winger/forward and a CB. That's 4 players! AND, we don't even play Montoya - who knows why? We need to build this team from the back - goalkeeper, CB + fullback/CB. Neymar and this whole circus takes valuable effort from strengthening the team where it is most needed.

This is also a good point. If we sell Adriano for 15 mil (arguable), where else will we find a player that can play LB, RB, LW, RW and CB, as well as Adriano does, for 15 mil or less?

F

Flavia

This is also a good point. If we sell Adriano for 15 mil (arguable), where else will we find a player that can play LB, RB, LW, RW and CB, as well as Adriano does, for 15 mil or less?

I know one who can play dm, cb and lb, not injury prone and could had been 10 mi last summer.
Also likes to score headers. But that ship, named Vertonghen, has sailed now :(

abual3bed1

No one will pay 15 million for a 29 years old injury prone who's exiting Barcelona. Players lose much of their worth leaving Barca.

Pepe Silvia

Adriano, although injury prone, is not someone you simply get rid of. He has proven himself valuable on numerous occasions and should be valued to the club for another season. He seems to get along well with the team and coaches, and goes above and beyond when he plays. I say keep him.

Stric

No one will pay 15 million for a 29 years old injury prone who's exiting Barcelona. Players lose much of their worth leaving Barca.

I did say it was arguable. I have no idea how much we'd get for him, I only put 15 because that's what transfer-based websites have as his market value.

abual3bed1

Adriano, although injury prone, is not someone you simply get rid of. He has proven himself valuable on numerous occasions and should be valued to the club for another season. He seems to get along well with the team and coaches, and goes above and beyond when he plays. I say keep him.

His contract expires in 2014 and no renewal has been agreed on yet. His qualities are unquestionable that for sure.

Andrew M

I did say it was arguable. I have no idea how much we'd get for him, I only put 15 because that's what transfer-based websites have as his market value.

I would have said 6-10 mill, especially as his contract will be up next year. The values that sites come up with seem to be pretty arbitrary

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir

What's the point in having such a player while he is injured time and time again?

And to answer your question; buy Vertonghen. Not cheap, but he can play CB, LB and CDM. And he is way better than Adriano.

numero

Official: Barcelona announce the contract renewal of Brazilian full back Adriano (28) until 2017, his new buyout clause is 90M

Home of Barca Fans