Adriano Correia Claro

sabby

I sincerely want him to stay only if he gets chance to play as left wingers - he adds so much penetration there. We are wasting him at defense.

Galning

He's not demanding too much. Last thing I heard was that he wants to accept Barça's wage offer but wants an extra contract year in return.

Stric

Play our 5th choice CB as left winger? :) I love this guy.

What are you talking about? Adriano is primarily a fullback/winger. He was only used as CB out of necessity. You can't just turn it around like that and ridicule people.

Anyway, I agree with the original idea. Only I think it would make more sense to put him on the right. At the moment, Adriano is our best attacking threat on the right wing. I wouldn't mind him playing there from time to time.

I hope he doesn't leave, he's an incredibly useful player to have. If only we could stabilize his health...

Last edited:

Andrew M

What are you talking about? Adriano is primarily a fullback/winger. He was only used as CB out of necessity. You can't just turn it around like that and ridicule people.

Anyway, I agree with the original idea. Only I think it would make more sense to put him on the right. At the moment, Adriano is our best attacking threat on the right wing. I wouldn't mind him playing there from time to time.

I hope he doesn't leave, he's an incredibly useful player to have. If only we could stabilize his health...

I'd say lately Dani Alves has been our greatest threat on the right. Adriano is so versatile that he is worth having for sure

Gooch

1. Versatile player
2. Has kept improving every year - a continuous learner is always good to have
3. Good on the ball AND fast - a good Barca type player
4. Two footed
5. Can shoot. Unlike most of our players!

Definitely someone to keep.

Of course, injuries are his problem. But though that's probably partly the way his body is, I would think his training regimen is also playing a part. It's the Barca physio team's job to figure out his fundamental problems and work on them. They haven't managed so far. I think there's a shake up needed there - some fresh ideas. Too many soft tissue / overuse injuries happening at Barca. May have to think outside the box - work on loosening the strong muscles, not only strengthening the weak muscles. Enforcing rest periods. Etc.

Andrew M

1. Versatile player
2. Has kept improving every year - a continuous learner is always good to have
3. Good on the ball AND fast - a good Barca type player
4. Two footed
5. Can shoot. Unlike most of our players!

Definitely someone to keep.

Of course, injuries are his problem. But though that's probably partly the way his body is, I would think his training regimen is also playing a part. It's the Barca physio team's job to figure out his fundamental problems and work on them. They haven't managed so far. I think there's a shake up needed there - some fresh ideas. Too many soft tissue / overuse injuries happening at Barca. May have to think outside the box - work on loosening the strong muscles, not only strengthening the weak muscles. Enforcing rest periods. Etc.

I'm not sure it needs to be too scientific.

It seems to me that they really exhausted the key players through overplaying in an effort to ensure we won the title early and we are suffering as a result. I feel that we just need to manage our squad better and spread playing time. Stuff like Messi playing straight after being in Bolivia needs to be avoided

Stric

I'd say lately Dani Alves has been our greatest threat on the right. Adriano is so versatile that he is worth having for sure

Alves never shoots anymore, his crossing is useless 90% of the time, and he's only good in boosting our numbers up front. Adriano is a different type of attacker. When I talk about Adriano as the right winger, I mean really as a right winger. Not the fullback/winger thing Alves does. Adriano can play wide, he can defend, he can cut inside, and he can shoot from long distances. As I write this, I am reminded of the Atletico game this season where he scored a beautiful goal with his left foot cutting in from the right. That's exactly what we need there.

J

jiopi

Stuff like Messi playing straight after being in Bolivia needs to be avoided
Watching the game and the environment, that was such a mistake. Mascherano and Messi were the only players who played the first match, and the Bolivian match, and boom, both injured first time in ages. Good thing is that you learn from mistakes.

Watching the game and the environment, that was such a mistake. Mascherano and Messi were the only players who played the first match, and the Bolivian match, and boom, both injured first time in ages. Good thing is that you learn from mistakes.

Yeah, I have a feeling Messi getting injured had something to do with playing against Celta right after the game in Bolivia.

Home of Barca Fans