Adrien Rabiot

Andresito

Staff member
Well if we're comparing Suárez and Rabiot, the biggest difference is that Suárez already was a WC player.
Rabiot is disposable in a PSG where the midfield is their weakest link.

It's easier to overlook Suárez' "baggage" because he makes up for it on the pitch.

FinBarcelonafan

Well if we're comparing Suárez and Rabiot, the biggest difference is that Suárez already was a WC player.
Rabiot is disposable in a PSG where the midfield is their weakest link.

It's easier to overlook Suárez' "baggage" because he makes up for it on the pitch.

They wanted to keep him but he left.

Jombi

I wouldnt mind him and Aouar as our midfield reinforcements. It makes it possible to reinforce the defense too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Rabiot is by no means a bad player. Rather the contrary. Even less so when he can be signed for free other than the obligatory sign-on bonus. I don't really understand the displeasure with this likely signing. Rabiot will turn 24 this April. Should he fail completely at Barça, which I doubt, there will be ample opportunity to sell him to the highest bidder. I completely understand why Abidal and the board are willing to take the risk. Signing Rabiot on a free this summer does not necessarily mean that De Jong or another midfielder will not be signed.

Signing Rabiot will probably mean that a 31 year old and declining Rakitic (who wants another contract extension and another wage increase) will likely be shown the door next summer.

Moreover by next summer a 30 year old and likewise declining Busquets will be a year older as will Vidal who will turn 32 this May. So I don't see why the arrival of Rabiot and another midfielder (say De Jong Or Ndombele) would be such an unrealistic scenario.

I don't know if people saw this (doubtful) here but Busquets gave an interview after the Tottenham game where he openly said that he has 2 or at most 3 seasons left at the highest level. So an exit by 2021 (at the most) is very likely in his case.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...ergio-lo-dejara-en-dos-o-tres-temporadas.html

As for Rabiot's supposed personality flaws it is something that can be solved and usually is dealt with well at Barça. He will start from a fresh and would likely want to prove the doubters wrong from the start. Him not featuring for France is a great thing as well if you ask me. I have no doubt that a change of scenario, playing in a much, much, much better domestic league on a weekly basis and for a genuine historic giant will do wonders for him.

Having said that I would be against his signing if it means that his likely arrival will block the possible arrival of a new midfielder in the mould of De Jong or Ndombele. If not I see no reason to already complain when Rabiot has yet to play a single minute for the club. To conclude it is a very low-risk deal for a quite talented player who by no means is the finished product yet. At least this is what I believe.

Lastly screwing QSG in the process is an added bonus. Even more so if they get "angry" and decide to waste a large sum of money (say 80 million euros) on Rakitic this upcoming summer. That would be a dream come true. Unlikely to occur though.

What exactly does Rabiot bring to us? He offers very little offensively and he sucks defensively. He is no Rakitic at all.

Just because someone is young it doesn't mean he can be sold at a higher price later.

Leo_Messi

Why wouldnt he demand a sign-on bonus?

I think that you need to reread what you have quoted again. Notice the word "other".

What exactly does Rabiot bring to us? He offers very little offensively and he sucks defensively. He is no Rakitic at all.

Just because someone is young it doesn't mean he can be sold at a higher price later.

Is this some kind of bad joke? Rabiot offers plenty and it appears to me that you have watched him very few times if at all if you struggle to see what he offers.

There will be no "lower" price as he will arrive (if he arrives) on a free. For the club to be unable to sell him with a profit, should he fail at the club, which I personally doubt, he will have to turn into a reincarnation of the joke that is Arda Turan.

[youtube]njH0tYu1E9I[/youtube]

[youtube]p7ot593dhn8[/youtube]

[youtube]EDq-XcEs1Yk[/youtube]

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Can you support your claim that he sucks defensively?
As I have wrote:
CL last season, Rabiot had:
1,5 tackles per match
1,5 interceptions
1,6 clearances

Arthur in a Cl:
1,6 tackles
0,4 interceptions
0,2 clearances

In a Cl over seasons, Rabiot was better in defending than both Rakitic and Arthur.

About attack, he is similar to Rakitic and Arthur:
Key passes per game:
Arthur 0,6
Rabiot 0,4
Rakitic 0,2

Dribbles:
Rabiot 1,1
Rakitic 0,3
Arthur 0,2

Passing accuracy:
Arthur 93,8%
Rabiot 93,1%
Rakitic 92,2%

Longballs:
Rakitic 5,5
Rabiot 3,4
Arthur 1,5

So, can you explain HOW come that Rabiot is bad, while he has similar or better stats than our guys?

I know, I know, Arthur is press resistant...

FCBfan22

As I have wrote:
1,5 tackles per match
1,5 interceptions
1,6 clearances

Arthur in a Cl:
1,6 tackles
0,4 interceptions
0,2 clearances

In a Cl over seasons, Rabiot was better in defending than both Rakitic and Arthur.

About attack, he is similar to Rakitic and Arthur:
Key passes per game:
Arthur 0,6
Rabiot 0,4
Rakitic 0,2

Dribbles:
Rabiot 1,1
Rakitic 0,3
Arthur 0,2

Passing accuracy:
Arthur 93,8%
Rabiot 93,1%
Rakitic 92,2%

Longballs:
Rakitic 5,5
Rabiot 3,4
Arthur 1,5

So, can you explain HOW come that Rabiot is bad, while he has similar or better stats than our guys?

I know, I know, Arthur is press resistant...

Citing Arthur's CL stats after 5 months here is just tragic.

Jombi

As I have wrote:
1,5 tackles per match
1,5 interceptions
1,6 clearances

He doesnt suck defensively at all, but its also pretty useless to use tackles per game to prove anything. Rabiot has also played DM in the CL, with Verratti and Draxler as the two other guys in midfield, unlike the players you compare him with. Naturally he is going to be the defensive guy among Verratti and Draxler.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Citing Arthur's CL stats after 5 months here is just tragic.

Ok, I'll post his Cl stats from 2015.
Oh, wait...

I wrote before, if I post stats only from French league, you'll say that Ligue 1 sucks.

So, the only comparable tournament is Champions league.
Since Arthur played in a Cl only in this season, I took his stats from this year.

On the other hand, if Arthur is an awesome player to you. And if Rabiot has better stats than him, why all the hate then?

George_Costanza

So we are choosing Rabiot over FDJ who will likely join PSG. Nasser will make it his mission to sign him just to piss off Barca. We will end up with another Raki but less talented.

I have no idea how most of you think but the winner is clear here...PSG.

Home of Barca Fans