Adrien Rabiot

Ursegor

World Champion
Messi alone is paid close to 100 million a year with bonuses which skews it enormously.

lol @ United though.

michelco

Mathematically speaking, the average annual salary isn't going to show a fair figure when you probably have a huge outlier in the salary of Messi. More fair would be the median annual salary.

George_Costanza

Mathematically speaking, the average annual salary isn't going to show a fair figure when you probably have a huge outlier in the salary of Messi. More fair would be the median annual salary.

That would be interesting to see but a quick observation to compare with Real (2nd in the above list), Messi, Suarez, Coutinho, Dembele, and Busquets (after signing new deal a few months ago), earn more than any Madrid players except Gareth Bale.

michelco

That's pretty crazy, if not atleast unsustainable. I mean, revenue can only go up so much. Global economy has been in a bull market for what, 10 years now. What happens when we enter a bear market?

Joan

[tw]1078330315242913792?s=20[/tw]

Says Rabiot refused a 13 mil per year salary offer by PSG knowing he'll earn less elsewhere. Hence, he wanted to leave the club.

Sorin

With the bonus he's rumoured to get he'll be around 12 million for us anyway. That is massively below 13m. What a lad! :rolleyes:

Are we really going to stunt Arthur's progress for this guy? Smh

serghei

Messi alone is paid close to 100 million a year with bonuses which skews it enormously.

lol @ United though.

Always found it hard to believe that's true though. I take reports about player exact salaries with a pinch of salt myself. Wouldn't believe anything until I see an extract of Messi's contract with signatures on it and everything.

I mean, that would be, what, 3x the yearly salary of LeBron James/Curry/Durant right?

Last edited:

wisconsincule

All I see is a bunch of whining about this guy. PSG clearly don’t want to lose him. Give the guy a fucking chance. After all he is joining us for FREE or a small transfer amount this winter. Our core of midfielders are aging. No brainer business decision.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Makes sense to get another DM and go full retard. Busi-Vidal-Rakitic-Rabiot midfield. Sell Coutinho, Dembele and Arthur and bring back Gomes and Paulinho while at it.

serghei

With the bonus he's rumoured to get he'll be around 12 million for us anyway. That is massively below 13m. What a lad! :rolleyes:

Are we really going to stunt Arthur's progress for this guy? Smh

Sorry, but that has to be put on the manager. A smart manager would use a great squad by doing smart rotations and having players at peak fitness come march-april. A not so smart one would play his best players almost all the time until they are burnt out.

Let's be honest. We could have rested someone like Rakitic in almost all games on Camp Nou so far, minus 2-3 and still have the same number of points in the league.

Sorin

All I see is a bunch of whining about this guy. PSG clearly don’t want to lose him. Give the guy a fucking chance. After all he is joining us for FREE or a small transfer amount this winter. Our core of midfielders are aging. No brainer business decision.

Of course they don't want to lose him. They can't spend another 200m on players until they sell some. If they would be able to splash money left, right and center, they would discard this whiny bitch and his mother faster than you can say cheese. Would replace him with guys like N'dombele and De Jong and wouldn't skip a beat. Hell, they'd probably be way better but they can't do that and of course they would rather keep Rabiot.

Maybe some of us don't rate him? Why is that so hard to understand? We are in this shindig to win things, not make money on players. That's teams who are happy with a mif level place not teams that go for trebles every year.
[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] of course the manager is responsabile for decent rotations and minutes for every player. But that's the thing with Rabiot, by all accounts and all available information, the dude whines and bitches when he's benched, bitches when he's played in another position than his favourite and refuses to play when is too cold outside. You have to realise that this mf, together with his mother, think that he's the best thing since sliced bread. Personally, he's not worth it. If the guy had world class level talent then maybe you could get past all the shit he brings with him but he's not that. He's not Dembele, he's not Neymar, not Suarez. We had to swallow their behaviour because there's alm time talent in those guys. Rabiot doesn't even have Rakitic potential ffs.

Last edited:

serghei

Makes sense to get another DM and go full retard. Busi-Vidal-Rakitic-Rabiot midfield. Sell Coutinho, Dembele and Arthur and bring back Gomes and Paulinho while at it.

I agree it's a risk to have too many physical midfielders who are good in defense under a conservative dude like Valverde, mainly because he'd be obviously way too tempted to try something like what you wrote above. But, again, that is not something we should blame Rabiot for. Rabiot would be strictly another option for a reasonable sum, and it's up to the manager to find the proper balance between creativity, fighting spirit and intensity, and defensive coverage.

Just because we have a consverative manager doesn't mean we should pass on opportunities like Rabiot, because he might be poorly used by the manager.

serghei

Don't see what the big deal is tbh. Normal salary for a player like Rabiot would be 6-7m net. He gets a 10m. bonus and 3m. net a year more for being a free agent, and having a very good position when negotiationg. Sure, the salary is a bit too much, but with those numbers Rabiot would cost us basically 15m. + 10m. sign on fee (and that if he stays with us for the full 5 years of his contract). That's as if we would sign him for 25m. transfer fee, which is 15m. less than what we sold fecking Mina for. Still a great deal for a player who is 23, has good qualities and already is very experienced for his age, with many games in CL and such.

The good part is Rabiot + Arthur + Vidal, is way way way better than Denis, Rafinha and Gomes. And we'd probably break even on money spent if we get decent money for these 3.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

and it's up to the manager to find the proper balance between creativity, fighting spirit and intensity, and defensive coverage.

I like you Serghei.
You are among rare guys here who is suddenly mentioning some new skills for our players, especially: a fighting spirit, intensity and defensive coverage.
Till now, for majority it was all about a magical trio of skills:
1. shiny technique and creativity
2. off the ball movement
3. and a new flavor of the Month skill: press resistance :lol:

It is nice to see some fans finally adding some new, different, evolved skills on top of these 3 classical skills.
Again, I really like that: a fighting spirit and defensive part.

serghei

I like you Serghei.
You are among rare guys here who is suddenly mentioning some new skills for our players, especially: a fighting spirit, intensity and defensive coverage.
Till now, for majority it was all about a magical trio of skills:
1. shiny technique and creativity
2. off the ball movement
3. and a new flavor of the Month skill: press resistance :lol:

It is nice to see some fans finally adding some new, different, evolved skills on top of these 3 classical skills.
Again, I really like that: a fighting spirit part.

I realize the laziness/old age of Messi and Suarez and the fact that those two will be here with us for at least 2 more seasons. That has to be compensated by players who work harder than they would have to work if our attackers were more willing to help us on defensive transition.

And even then, that might not be enough for CL where almost all teams we face work harder and give more effort and intensity than us. Last time I've seen our attackers working in the trenches side by side with our midfielders in CL was when we suffocated Pep's Bayern on Camp Nou, 3 years ago. That was the last game in CL where I felt all of our players were on the same page regarding the effort that was needed to beat a rival of that caliber (even with all their absences).

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans