Adrien Rabiot

Sorin

Again the laughable myth of the defensive workhorse juggarnaut Rabiot.

Aren't you tired of lying about this guy?

Edit: This was my last post about Rabiot. I don't rate him at all. I may be wrong and would happily admit it in the future if he turns out to be excellent on the pitch. I don't care for decent enough at Barcelona or good business because he's cheap now and can sell for profit. If that turns to be true that's another year of the GOAT being wasted with "good business" purchases.

Hope he is everything you guys rave about and I'm wrong beyond belief because in that case we have had achieved big things.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

With the bonus he's rumoured to get he'll be around 12 million for us anyway. That is massively below 13m. What a lad! :rolleyes:

Are we really going to stunt Arthur's progress for this guy? Smh

Hmmm, no
Now a days very player whether he is sold or signed as free or renewed gets signing bonus, in addition to agent bonus (5% of transfer deal if he was sold, negotiated otherwise) so with mom being an agent and if the bonus is for him and mom, his bonus is actually very reasonable

Always found it hard to believe that's true though. I take reports about player exact salaries with a pinch of salt myself. Wouldn't believe anything until I see an extract of Messi's contract with signatures on it and everything.

I mean, that would be, what, 3x the yearly salary of LeBron James/Curry/Durant right?

IIRC 100M figure was signing bonus, so one time thing. Too lazy to search for it now:lol: tbh
That being said,there is no reason for Messi/Cr7/Neymar etc to not be the best paid players by some margin, football now is expanding globally more than ever and those 2 has been the face of the game during its expansion in Asia and SA

serghei

IIRC 100M figure was signing bonus, so one time thing. Too lazy to search for it now:lol: tbh
That being said,there is no reason for Messi/Cr7/Neymar etc to not be the best paid players by some margin, football now is expanding globally more than ever and those 2 has been the face of the game during its expansion in Asia and SA

I know, those numbers could be true. It's just one of those things I'm skeptical about until I see a way more credible piece of evidence than just media stories. 100m. salary for a player sounds absurd to me.

Sorin

Why is it absurd for a player like Messi to have 50 net a year when Ronaldo, Neymar makes around 30? Probably more with bonuses. And he's not the problem for our fucked up salaries when every other guy and their dogs earns more than the best paid players on some other teams. The bad thing is their value on the pitch does not reflect their wages but Messi's does. Not Suarez, not Dembele right now, nor Coutinho's or Busi's. That s the tragedy, not Messi earning 50 big ones a year.

Sorin

Hmmm, no
Now a days very player whether he is sold or signed as free or renewed gets signing bonus, in addition to agent bonus (5% of transfer deal if he was sold, negotiated otherwise) so with mom being an agent and if the bonus is for him and mom, his bonus is actually very reasonable

Do you have any proof that the agent bonus is included or you are just assuming because his agent is his mother? I mean, couldn't they demand separate money? They don't need to have all their money in the same pot. Rabiot si not in high-shool and his mother has to handle all his money.

Anyway, I don't want to prolong this discussion about this guy any futher. Like I said, if we indeed sign him, hope to heavens that I'm wrong and this guy turns out to be a succes. Until then I'm skeptical.

Alik

I like you Serghei.
You are among rare guys here who is suddenly mentioning some new skills for our players, especially: a fighting spirit, intensity and defensive coverage.
Till now, for majority it was all about a magical trio of skills:
1. shiny technique and creativity
2. off the ball movement
3. and a new flavor of the Month skill: press resistance :lol:

It is nice to see some fans finally adding some new, different, evolved skills on top of these 3 classical skills.
Again, I really like that: a fighting spirit and defensive part.

Technique and creativity are not the same thing.
You're complaining about "flavour of the month skill" (what?) and then complaining about lack of new, different skills in the next sentence.
Lol at you dismissing about press resistance as a valuable trait. I guess it's not an evolved skill :lol:

Devils

My sources from the Iberian Peninsula have confirmed to me that the directive feel De Jong should be the main target and that Rabiot poses too much financial demand.

Porque

My sources from the Iberian Peninsula have confirmed to me that the directive feel De Jong should be the main target and that Rabiot poses too much financial demand.

If this is the case then it sounds like another Jean Michael Seri happened. Both sides agreed terms and then his mum/agent asked for more money (last time was the club), so we switched the lights off.

Again if true, wonder where that leaves Rabiot. By accounts the Spurs offer was inferior to ours. If he goes back to PSG then they will lower their offer to him too.

Home of Barca Fans